RAAF Mirage A3-86, Flt Lt Noel Furber. The Man meets the model!

ericg

Dude, if you hurl I will have failed! Only had one pax barf in a Pitts years ago and he very kindly lost his lunch in the bag. Nothing worse than having to hose out a Pitts or try to get the chunks out of the carpet of a aeroplane (I have no cleaning crew post flight!).

I'll make sure there is a barf bag in the Alpha, so no worries ;)

A mate of mine's father is ex-RAAF Sqdn Ldr Peter Clements. Peter's claim to fame is missing three wars - WW2, Korea and Vietnam. His postings just worked out that way. He's flown Mustang's, the Meatbox, CAC Sabre (3 of his friends decapitated by the canopy trying to eject) and had postings down to Antarctica flying Austers, Beavers then fling wings. He told me that getting converted onto rotary wing changed his life - he loves them! His post RAAF career was rotary wing. I'll get onto David his son and see if we can get you Pete's email address. Here's a photo of Pete in Judy Pay's Mustang over French Island. I took the photo with David his son driving a Archer (at max power!), with the gear warning horn blaring in the Mustang apparently! Guy Bourke was driving the Mustang. Judy's Mustang is dual control (throttle, stick and pedals, but no trim I think) - looks a pretty cool ride doesn't it!

DSCN0921.jpg

Cheers

Adam

Edited by Adam

• 3 months later...

Eric,

Salute and apologies for late response, but.........................................................

when did Furbs pull 10g+.

Inquiring minds and all that!

Hi Kais,

Furbs retired a couple of months ago. Will definitely miss seeing him around the crew room, knowing that he was once up the pointy end of a fast jet and all.

Eric. 

• 2 years later...

So..you're good with a camera too. What (if anything) aren't you good at? As someone said in another post, maybe we should just go away and sulk for a week.

(Plane looks even better now).

Mike

• 6 months later...