WNW SURPRISE RELEASE?

Simmo.b

Yeah, that blasted aileron issue! Utterly, absolutely and completely killed it for me. What on earth were they thinking of?! Mind-boggling lack of concentration on someone's part. Awful. Just awful......

Tim

PS Warning. This post may contain traces of nuts and sarcasm.

Hats off to Wingnut Wings for another splendid release!  I am not a particular fan of this aircraft but I'm glad that those who are will be getting one from the preeminent WWI 1/32 aircraft model manufacturer and at this time of the year.  Last year I think it was the D.VII that we got this time of year.  I wonder what next year will bring?  I don't want to put wishes on top of releases so I won't say what I'd like them to produce; I'll just sit quietly by and watch and wait.  I haven't even built the D.V I bought a few years back.  Shame on me.  These WWI airplanes are a bit intimidating with their two wings and all that rigging.  I do have all the proper tooling to do it, just not the gumption. 

I too am not a particular fan of this aircraft, but there are some killer looking schemes for this thing....................

49 TDS "Lobster" is cool -

DH.9%20D2989%20Lobster,%2049%20TDS,%20Fe

But the Greek "Spetsai" is SUPER cool, and really unusual for a WWI bipe -

DH.9%20D7211%20Spetsai,%20HNAS,%201919.j

Looks like it comes with some really bright and colorful decals for the bottom of the lower wing too -

32035%20AMC%20DH.9%20Page%2023.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Dekenba

Is the J1 really being avoided and bad-mouthed because of the "aileron issue"?

I really thought that WNW and their fans were pretty much not of that type - how can they be when the colour schemes of most of their kits contain a large element of guess work?

Ok, I built the J1, (see build thread on lsp) like all WnW kits she was awesome, the aerilon gap was easy to fix and due to the large span she looks impressive in the display cabinet. I would recommend the kit to anyone, especially a first time WW1 aircraft builder.

IMHO

Brent

Guest Dekenba

I can now see it!

And it's another British 2 seater which looks not unlike the other DH9a they sell.

I'll await the Salmson, that looks pretty funky.

Well the WWI forums are all abuzz about this new release, so it looks like they'll sell tons of them. It's still my fervent hope that they do eventually release a Fokker Dr.I though. Between that and the already released D.VII's, my WWI aviation modeling dreams would finally be fulfilled.

Of course if they were to do a Spad VII, XIII, Camel, and some Nieuports, I'd be down with that too. :)