Just curious... Any women modelers here?

Rowen

Well ... young 'Leish is building Luftwaffe subjects faster than I am buying them at the moment (ok, that was an exaggeration - but not by too much!) ... She wants to be a Luftwaffe Fighter Ace when she grows up ...

Just turned 15 and I gave her one of my 3 ZM Ta-152's to play with - thinking that would keep her off my back for a while - but she's heavy into "Beaufighter AM Research" at present in the local community and schools ... and overseas - online. Her current Facebook header (private) shows her latest effort - a 190 with the caption "Yeaaaaah! This is how we roll!"

She's not realy the sort to get into forums like this one - and arguements about infinitesimal things annoy her. When she saw how far south my Beaufighter research thread went, she hurled some obscenities at the monitor (not the sort of thing I can type here - or what one would expect from a young lady of her ilk) - and decided to do some 'simple' research herself - generating over 200 stats for me to date from all over the globe!! ... She would be banned within a month I fear! ... If (and it's a very big IF) she will allow me to photo one of her works - I'll pop up a pic ...

Rog :)

Women, as a general rule, aren't very much into model building it seems. Over the years that I've been attending modeling events (roughly 25 years), I've seen very few active female participants, very few. Though as K1 said, we do have the occasional female post from time to time here, and on another site that I regularly frequent, there's not only a female modeler that builds great looking planes, she's also a moderator on that site as well.

I just had a lady give me a good review on some pics I posted and liked the web site I recommened to her for some references.

The question she ask told me she was not only a builder, but has a SHARP EYE FOR DETAIL

Hope to see some of her builds

Jack

We have one young (early 20's) Lady in our group here in Halifax. She does mostly 1/48 and she is scarey good ! She is winning contests and is an awesome person to boot. We are doing our best to corrupt her into SI-Fi but she loves her aircraft, both prop and jets. She won a ZM Skyraider at the last CAMS show in Fredericton, can't wait to see what she does with it !!

Cheers

Vaughn

Cool stuff. It's great to see the women joining in this hobby.

In real life I'm an astronomer and have spent many years giving public lectures and helping host star parties at the observatory. One thing that has definitely changed since the early 1980's when I started doing this stuff - women are the main group interested in astronomy these days, by far! Back in the 80's it was all the boys/men and girls were bored to tears. Today, it's just the opposite. Strange but true. Perhaps there's a revolution coming in the model building world as well! LOL!

-Ro

p.s. my wife is considering helping me build the new HK B-17. We'll see :) She follows all my builds pretty well but seems more afraid to try it than truly disinterested.