Is This Normal?

scvrobeson

Hey guys,

During an internet search for F-15 pictures today, I tripped across this interesting shot of an F-15C, and was amazed by the weathering pattern.  Does anyone know if that's a standard weathering, or something strange just on this one? 

Thanks for the help.

hi-res-37_zps373cf950.jpg

Matt  :frantic:

Keep in mind that you are looking at a photograph, not the real thing. Any photo is taken out of context. The photo could have been taken on a dark cloudy day and that would make the plane look different than if it were shot in cloudy bright, or in a shadow of the other plane or if it was a bright sunny day or a dull sunny day where the sky was bright but the sun was behind a clould.  All these conditions will alter how the plane looks. Which is why it is best to view  plane with you right there so you can see what the sky is like.

Is your car parked in the same spot each day, Take a photo of it from the same spot but under different lighting conditions on different days. Then compare them and you will get an idea of what I am talking about.

Looks like it's standard camo, but it's also filthy.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/f-15/f-15_profile02.shtml

Yeah, it looks like normal camo, but for some reason, it seems very dirty on the lighter grey portions, and I've rarely seen pictures of dirty Eagles. Usually, the two-tone versions were pretty clean.

I think the conditions of the shot are definitely a contributing factor. Looks like the F-15 is flying over I guess clouds? The bright white background is obviously throwing off the camera's metering, making the Eagle look rather darker than normal, so the weathering is showing up more than it probably does on the ground.

That said, aircraft get dirty. Even modern ones. Flying at speed, flying at altitudes where the UV can pound the paint, flying in poor weather conditions, staying out on the tarmac for lengths of time can all add up. I know I can find filthy F-16s and F/A-18s at the drop of a hat. Eagles are harder, but they're out there...

8700024518_364c210f87_b.jpg

0909261.jpg

It is dirty on the walking areas. It does not seem strange for me, except that it is particularly dirty.

Do they only walk on certain areas? I'm used to seeing "no walk" lines on planes, so are the light grey areas more okay to walk on than the dark grey?

Do they only walk on certain areas? I'm used to seeing "no walk" lines on planes, so are the light grey areas more okay to walk on than the dark grey?

I you watch carefully, you can see that both light and dark grey are dirty. But light grey follow the basic walkways along the fuse, that's why it seems to be particularly dirty.

You can see that the airbrake is bright clean, as it must be forbidden to walk on it.