Breguet 691 / 693, project 1/32 scale resin

waroff

• 2 weeks later...

August 2013 -august 2023.....

Happy birthday!!!

a
ten years already since I started this project.
research of technical documents, creation of master models, prototyping, elastomer moldings and resin casts, 3d drawing, 3d printing, I learned a lot in many specialties.
during these 10 years I have not weakened thanks to your support despite it's not fast as fast as I hope.

a summary in one photo to see the progress of resin casts.

nacelle, rear engine cowl, engine cowl, engine nacelle again, horizontal stab and elevator

wings, fins and rudder, fuselages....

br_1010.jpg

there are other parts (3d printings and plexi vacformed ) in progress or already produced( firewall, prop blades, landing gear, wheel, instrument panel....

thanks for your patience, i return to my workbench, there is many thing to do to complete these Breguet

Edited by waroff

vacuum forming of pilot's enclosure. Several trials,

Materials, thickness, T°, all are tried, except PMMA because I haven't it....

These two last days, I tested 0,375mm, 1mm, 1,2 & 1,5mm plastic sheets, Vivak, acetate....
for this moment, the better piece is made from an acrilyc sheet, 1mm thick.
I wait 0,5 & 0,75 & 1mm thick pmma and a infra red heater.

br_69320.jpg

br_69321.jpg

pilot's enclosure assembly test. the size is perfect, the thickness after vacuum forming is well,

the cutting and sanding are easy for adjust the enclosure to the fuselage cutout.

20230810.jpg

20230811.jpg

20230812.jpg

20230814.jpg

20230813.jpg

I cut and sand the part quickly to check the size and adjustment; it's possible to obtain a better result with more carefully.

Now, I wait the new plexiglass sheets

Edited by waroff

Good evening ,
to save time, part of furnishing and equipment will be Etienne's.(Renaissance)
Initially planned for the 1/72 Heller and Azur, and at 1/48 for that of Fonderie Miniature,
this equipment will need to be slightly modified to fitted into the Breguet 1/32.

br_69324.jpg

br_69323.jpg
I had started to create these elements, but to continue would be a waste of time because of duplication
useless and Etienne's work is precise and detailed, we might as well exploit it and integrate it if Etienne agree it

I can therefore look into other problems such as creating an oven for thermoforming
the canopies and airscoop of the engine cowlings.
Currently I am preparing the molds for the machine gunner's canopies, the bomb bay doors, the windows....

I also need to think about made the front of the Gnome Rhône 14M engine
to serve as support for the propellers (if there is a courageous person to draw this engine to create 3D stl file, I would provide it with the doc :kiss2: ) .
Some details to add in the nacelles such as the strut embedded in recesses provided on the surface
of fuel tanks . these two sides will reinforce the fixing and
the holding of the  landing gear on the wing.

after that, the Breguet will head to Santa's caban for distribution to the cottages....
There is still work to be done before the first 15 cells are complete, but it's playable...

I am quite advanced in discovering the main activities of the design of this model,
of the tools used, the implementation of the materials used and the losses, to give you
within two weeks an idea of the cost of a copy.

The staggering is defined by the order of registration on the list (in the firts pages of this thread), withdrawals will benefit
to the following who will advance one place.
You can withdraw before your turn arrives...

thaks for your attention

Edited by waroff

I have four half fuselage which do not have their symmetric part casted when the molds were replaced

or have molding defects which caused them to be scrapped.

The idea would be to use them to make relief paintings, the half fuselage cemented on a plate as we an see for boat models.

If volunteers wanted to try and paint them it could produce obtain cool things.

There is a  case of "natural metal finish" fuselage without the wings, neither tail nor glazing,

on the fuselage assembly, otherwise the exterior finishes are classically overall topside khaki ,

GBC underside or camouflaged khaki/brown/GBF topside and GBC underside.

I will send the fuselage free of charge to those who request them and in return,

they will take care of them in the following weeks , to show us their work and the results obtained before mid-October.

Edited by waroff

• 2 weeks later...