Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Awesome work on the IP and front office. All the decals and placards are from Barracuda and Eduard (PE) .  Once everything is closed up, a lot of the detailing we've been doing will be virtually unseen. BTW, nice cammo work on your thumbnail! :lol:

Looking real good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Mal

Awesome work on the IP and front office. All the decals and placards are from Barracuda and Eduard (PE) .  Once everything is closed up, a lot of the detailing we've been doing will be virtually unseen. BTW, nice cammo work on your thumbnail! :lol:

Looking real good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hahaha i know.....

it doesnt matter if its not seen, we know its there and that matters to us :D

/Mal

Oh, yes- brilliant stuff as always!

I like how you use subdued, worn shades of colors instead of bright ones for things like the yellow stripe around the primary flight instruments on the IP.  Very effective, I must remember to do that myself. 

Looks like you are using your thumbnail for a paint palette.  :piliot: 

Oh, yes- brilliant stuff as always!

Looks like you are using your thumbnail for a paint palette.  :piliot:

Thx  Frank.

Yes i do use my thumb nail as a palette ;) very effective when painting details, small paint blobs on the nail, different brushes ;) close and handy, and you hold the part at the same time, i usually use latex tight fit curgery gloves when i airbrush, but im out of them , my cleaning woman have taken them all hahaha so the box were empty :D

Thx al for the kind words.

Allright harnes time,

I scratched my head severaltimes on this one....the Tamiya photoetch harnes were wery stiff, i did not have that natural cloth look if mounted, yes i could buy replacement, but im into that this build is out of the box, and use only whats in the box, and or scratch the things i dont like ;)

Well, this i the result.

i took the resin belt, held in the atachment point, used a thooth pick and cotton stick, bended it in to "right" shape so that it looks natural and not stiff, one by one, the i painted the harness, and weathered it.

8ugc.jpg

it fit perfect, new experiance in photo etch bending lol ;)

The chair in place....

All eye candy is there and pops out ;)

vatk.jpg

The gun sight im gonna do later....

Bigger things ahead, the belly intake and engine compartment is next on this monster Tamiya feast haha, soo much parts :D....and weathering to do :D put my theeth in this, i love every minute this model ;)