Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Allright minor update.

I was not satisfied with the tank behind the engine.... so redone, strip paint ;) bare plastic.

Made new tubes from led wire, and extra tube, details hose clamps...Im pleased for the moment...

qdrk.jpg
1pc3.jpg

thx Peter.

Minor update.

The tank behind the engine is redone, hose clamps in place, tubes also, soo much better i think, the wiring on the fueltank is done, also the tube and hose parts with clamps..

im pleased.

enjoy.

eaz9.jpg
bnaj.jpg
ecbx.jpg
85o7.jpg
ccgq.jpg
4xap.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Terrific re-work on the back deck, as the hoses and clamps look spot on. The coolant tank and firewall weathering is spot on. I'm starting to feel the erg to add the loop line as you did on mine as well. 

I finally finished the main section of the front office and will post an update tomorrow, as it time to start tackling the  cockpit side walls.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

no wiring :hmmm:  ? aha ok. im not a mustang expert, this is my first ever.

I took a peak on resin detail cocpit and some photos i my Tamiya book P51K, there are wires, ill let them be there to make it little more intrestning to look at

Sir, I am new to the forums and I have to say you are by far and away in the MASTER CLASS!!!!

I found a website that has aircraft manuals from across the world (Japan, UK, USA, USSR< Finland and Sweden) I look thru them and find the area I'm working on.....I can find as much detail as I want (usually in an illustrated parts catalog or parts list, erection and maintenance manuals are awesome as well [you can find dimensions of the real thing!!!])  

I hope this helps and again I love your work sir......YOU ARE AWESOME!!!      the site address is    

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/boeing/b-17flyingfortress/an-01-20eg-2-erection-ad-maintenance-instructions-for-b-17g-part-1-2.html

this page will take you directly to maintenance manual for a B-17......so cool!!

:goodjob:

thx Peter.

I think that extra adds a lot, small things usually do "it" im gonna expose the engine, :) or closed, depends on the mood, the cowling got magnets, it a nice aircraft to have in hte glass cabinet ;)

Im peeking at your thread all the time ;) since we both build P51 ....get ideas from each others ;)

/Mal

Sir, I am new to the forums and I have to say you are by far and away in the MASTER CLASS!!!!

I found a website that has aircraft manuals from across the world (Japan, UK, USA, USSR< Finland and Sweden) I look thru them and find the area I'm working on.....I can find as much detail as I want (usually in an illustrated parts catalog or parts list, erection and maintenance manuals are awesome as well [you can find dimensions of the real thing!!!])  

I hope this helps and again I love your work sir......YOU ARE AWESOME!!!      the site address is    

http://www.avialogs.com/index.php/en/aircraft/usa/boeing/b-17flyingfortress/an-01-20eg-2-erection-ad-maintenance-instructions-for-b-17g-part-1-2.html

this page will take you directly to maintenance manual for a B-17......so cool!!

:goodjob:

:hi:  To this Forum :D

But......

Are you shure, :hmmm: im not building a B17... :doh:

I think you posted in wrong thread ;) there is several B17 threads and its meant for someone else the cred for MASTER CLASS ;)

i am building P51K....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Wish I could be building mine along with you, seeing yours come together has me itching to get working on mine. Hope to heal quickly so I can build again!

Love the work you're doing here Mal, your shading and highlighting are VERY effective. Especially that firewall!

Smal update.

Instrument panel done and weathered....

Im building this one out of the box and minor scratchworking, the dekals that i se others have on their p51 on this forum, i dont have them so that have to be scratched to haha, i used a yellow dekal and cutted thin stripes for the instrument panel, the weathered, also the instrument cover is done and weathered....

Some dryfitting to see how it all works out....

Im pleased for the moment ;) haha, nice maniqure i got tough....

enjoy....

17uc.jpg
4k6k.jpg
6iey.jpg
03yf.jpg
eek3.jpg
0a08.jpg
u7az.jpg
3gwa.jpg

Edited by Mal_Belford