Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Great so far Mal!!!

One notice though, i think that the weathering on the left console is a bit more than it should be for the scale. Try to think where the pilot would touch the cockpit with his equipment, these are the places where they should have a kind of weathering. And the color underneath, shouldn't be a mix of YZC and aluminiun? instead of silver? (it seems silver to me from the photos), maybe some guys with a better knowledge on P-51s can enlighten us, please!!

John

Thx John.

You got a point there, observed it also about the chipping, that vill be corrected, ill the keep the worn look ahed to front from seat, exaple belt buckets, shoes, and so on would hit the corner and raised parts.

Also on that it should be yc underneath protective coat that i dont know, but if it is so, ill remeber that on another p51 build, this is my first one ever and a dont know basicly norhing about these birds, just the things ive learned about this build.

Maybe not 100% accuracy, but its good for me ;) , rest is lets say artistic freedom ;)

Im still learning, and glad fot the input :D

/Mal

Hi Mal, instead of chipping or combined with it you can weather her drybrushing raw oil, for examble raw amber, titanium white for the highlights etc. And be informed that if you dont like it you can wipe it out with a new brush and a bit of water!!

Good luck with it,

John

PS. As for the YZC i will look over my notes when i will go home and let you know

Edited by zaxos345

Allright. some weathering, or lets say lots of it, since its gonna be a dirty bird..

Ant thx John for the input on the chipping, made several patchjobbs and rechipped more "right" i think and it looks far better, and the dingy dirt and the chipping is more pleasing for the eye, still learning, this is going to be my No:12 when im finished with it.

2md8.jpg
dv9l.jpg
al6x.jpg

Oh yes, havent forgott the hose thats on the fuel tank, a frame must be in place before that can be put in place :)

Edited by Mal_Belford