Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Thx all for those kind words.

Now add some details.

Lead wire and also copper fibres from a cable, i had wery thin lead wire to, but the copper is so much better in this case, the canopy lever was also removed it was a molded detail on the side, it  was in the way, didnt look that good.

made out of heatened streched sprue and a piece from a guitarstring

im pleased ;)

q5yt.jpg
o61r.jpg

no wiring :hmmm:  ? aha ok. im not a mustang expert, this is my first ever.

I took a peak on resin detail cocpit and some photos i my Tamiya book P51K, there are wires, ill let them be there to make it little more intrestning to look at

Edited by Mal_Belford

Sorry...

I don understand at all ????

There is wiring or not? im very confused now?

my bad english (im from sweden)

I took a lok at resin parts examle, and thet show wires (cables) or do you mean wire (twisted).

I took a lok at this to.

http://www.crazyhorseap.be/Mustangs/History/P-51BC/P-51BC_09.jpg

It would be great a good picture :D . ;) i want to learn ;)

And i can remove it, no problem at all, :D since its very early in the build stage ;)

Edited by Mal_Belford

Ahhh.

Thx :D

Now i understand.

I should put the wires more nicely along the side and not in fron of any panel....more tidy look ;) and not messy hehe

Off course ill do that :D easy peasy to change, ill do that later, take a peak ex tomorrow and check me and if it is okay :D i wold be very glad if you could ;D

Thx Alot Geoff :D

Ill have some fixin to do ;)

CA debonder (acetone) ill fix this ;)

btw

I am very glad for this feedback and tips Geoff so keep em coming, so much to learn :)

this is what pushing me forward :) and i am learning :D

/Mal

Mal

I do have ref material for the area behind the seat. I just have to find it. While I'm looking, take a look at the link I've provided below.

David Glenn's Mustang is the finest reproduction in model form I've ever seen. There are many detail shots which depict what the Mustang should look like. The only exception is the floor. While it is mechanically correct, it should be black and not natural wood with skid plates.

The area behind the seat is raised above the floor of the flight compartment floor. The fuselage fuel tank occupies the entire area. The fuselage is lined with balsa blocks between the formers that prevent the fuel in the fuselage tank from sloshing side to side. Above the fuel tank is the radio/battery support. Later models (after the D 20) had the battery moved to the engine compartment.

If you can, tell me what details you're looking for and I'll see if I have reference data on it. Have a look at this link to get started.

http://www.spitfireinmyworkshop.net/mustang.php

Also have a look at this link. http://www.midwestaero.com/site/Midwest_Aero_Restorations,_Ltd.html

You'll find many excellent detail photos. However, keep in mind that these are restorations and not true production machines. I will say that Midwest strives to keep their restorations as close to original as possible, but there are variations.

Have a look and see what you think...

Best

Geoff

Edited by Ironwing

Thx Geoff

the variant im gonna build is P51K

I am very greatfull for your help

The area located behind the seat would be nice to see pictures,

There is no visible cables at all as far as i can see, so im gonna remove these, no problems at all :)

/Mal