Tamiya P51D/K.

Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

Mal

Nice progress on the front office and the details. Hopefully I be able to post an update later this weekend if time allows.  Looking forwrad to your next update

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Ill be peeking on your thread as well and i am :D how you solve the building issues or lets say pimping with details, bad fit is not an issue :D, tamiya is tamiya and the fit is perfect :D hehe

Thats what i enjoy with different builds, focus on different things ;)

Incredible stuff Mal!

I like your tiny additions very much, such as home made wiring, hoses, and clamps.  Very effective!  Also like how you masked off the "high" parts of the cockpit for the shading, will be looking forward to seeing how that all turns out.

Got an idea in my head so i have to trie it out :D

Im gonna salt chip some parts in the cockpit, and wont be able to drybrush and the effect will be lost, thats the reason, the otherway around, im urged and curious to test this way :D....

Have nothing to loose ;) the worst that can happen is that it goes "Highway to Hell" haha, well i strip paint and do it over again ;) .... Thats whats drives me alot, test new things, skills and so on ;) and finetune them i allready have ;)...

New things to explore :D..... Thats fun :D

Incredible stuff Mal!

I like your tiny additions very much, such as home made wiring, hoses, and clamps.  Very effective!  Also like how you masked off the "high" parts of the cockpit for the shading, will be looking forward to seeing how that all turns out.

Me too....

Its new ground for me ;) having this idea in my head that i JUST HAVE TO TRY IT.....Have nothing to loose ;) since i have the chipping idea already in my head. this is gonna be fun and se about the result :D if its a go or not :D.....

As i said earlier, the worst case scenario, strip paint ;) and i am very good doing that ;) so i dont have any worries ;) .....

Gett skills in stripping paint is very usefull ;) . things do happen, bad paintjob or even not satisfied with something, and learn what solvents to use for a certain colorbrand and not harm the plastic, and of course alot of patience and work ;)

well, The Alclad is on, and the shading is shining trough perfectly, not to much to cover it, cause more layers are to come, i made a småller test on the chair just in case it wouldn work and do all over, dryfitted with the liferaft, yes its a go on this ;)

x0yo.jpg
t1ic.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Mal

With you 100% about Tamiya fit is aces and just near;y perfect. Made some nice progress on the bacj deck area and with some luck, with actually have enough doner for an update today.

Super work on your seat an dingy - sure looking mighty good.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter