1/32 Phantom FGR2 RAF 6 Squadron (1970/1971)

kitbasha

Guest Peterpools

Absolutely brilliant work, The added details and re-work assemblies blend in just perfectly and look simply tremendous.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Great build :goodjob:

I am so pleased that you are actually using this conversion set as opposed to just storing and selling it on as many other seem to do! I am very impressed with the way that you have overcome the various issue and problems that you have faced along the way.

Derek

Thank you all for your kind words and positive encouragement! It's a hefty project and this really helps. More updates soon, I will be tackling the tailplanes next, they will be a mixture of kit parts, resin non slatted tailplanes from CE kit and some scratchbuilt bits. Also considering a change of markings, there may soon be a 1/32 EMI photo recce pod making an appearance......watch this space!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in posting, damned work getting in the way! I'll have to get a move on now, Telford IPMS Nationals not far away now!! Ok, I've applied the top and bottom camouflage colours, very simply applied pre-shading with Tamiya black, hand sprayed the dark sea grey area, masked these off with hand cut tracing paper masks held in place with blobs of Copydex. The dark green was then sprayed on. Once dry, the lower areas were masked off with Tamiya tape, pre-shaded, and the light aircraft grey applied. The intake areas had been previously masked and sprayed with white and dark sea grey intake lips. UPDATE TOO!! I've decided that the aircraft will now be finished as the popular 41 Squadron FGR 'sharkmouth' XV495, it's a scheme that is included in the Wild hare CE set and looks really good! The EMI photo recce pod is currently being made as a vacform by LSP member Tim Perry, thank you Tim! Finished model will sport AIM and Sparrow missiles plus the SNEB pods, should look mean and moody!

IMG_0001_zps4ccd32a3.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsb52d9b45.jpg

IMG_00012_zpsec26e955.jpg

IMG_00022_zps25a2849b.jpg

IMG_0003_zps97a62f84.jpg

XV495_zps2d504a03.jpg

Edited by kitbasha