HK B-17

Lancman

Why not the "Belle", after all it is the most famous B-17, E, F, or G. No one can really say it's been overdone with only one 1/72nd scale, and one 1/48th scale. True in both scales, it was the only 17F modeled, but there has never been one done in 32nd. The problem I have is that my daughters don't appreciate having their kids seeing big nude women decals on my planes.

I'm very curious because of comments like Bit O Lace can't be used because the HK kit doesn't have the right modifications for that particular 17. How many people on this forum would even know the difference? I know I sure wouldn't.

I would love to see decals done for the 92nd Wing (Fames Favored Few), 325th Squadron. My avatar is the patch the 325th used during WWII, the one we used in the late 80s and early 90s, when I flew BUFFs, was a bit different but it still had Alley Oop on the Sabertooth Tiger. Heck, we even had an Alley Oop costume someone would dress up in during Squadron parties.

I'm very curious because of comments like Bit O Lace can't be used because the HK kit doesn't have the right modifications for that particular 17. How many people on this forum would even know the difference? I know I sure wouldn't.

Really?

Staggered or in line waist windows are pretty easy I differentiate in my book.

I think that most on this forum (if not all) could spot the diff.

It's a bit like building a Bf109 K in Battle of Britian markings - by all means do it if it makes you happy, but for me it's just plain old wrong.

I am definitely in the 'anything but Memphis Belle' school I am afraid.

For my inspiration as to whether to build this kit or not (for the Lanc and Mossie are much more my thing), I would like to go back to The Eagle pub in Canbridge, where various bomber crews have literally burnt / sooted their names and 'graffiti' on the ceiling of one of the back bars.

If I could identify an aircraft on the back of what's up there, or at least a particular BG etc, then that's the kind of historical connection that really gets my juices flowing.