HK B-17

Lancman

Just because an airplane has been done to death doesn't mean that I have done it to death. How many Fokker Dr.I's are there in Richtofen's colors? Half of the models of that plane ever built in any scale may have been painted red, but it doesn't stop me from building mine that way.

Bring on Memphis Belle, and whatever else you can imagine.

Tnarg

If HK comes out with a Me 323 or even a B-29, Do you guys think it would be safer to sell my wife's new Prius, or take my adult daughter from her fiancé (both bigger and stronger than I) and sell her into slavery?

BTW, as it now stands, the F kit will have alternative parts for doing different F's. Not severy single one of the 12,952 permutations and combinations possible on the F, but a couple of the more notable variants including with and without the astrodome in front of the windscreen.

Good News!

BTW, as it now stands, the F kit will have alternative parts for doing different F's. Not severy single one of the 12,952 permutations and combinations possible on the F, but a couple of the more notable variants including with and without the astrodome in front of the windscreen.

Well that is good news. While the Belle is an iconic airplane and a popular subject I'd much rather build something else (The Bad Egg comes to mind....S/N 41-24484) What was the serial number of the Belle?... Oh yes, 41-24485. Both aircraft assigned to the 91st but 124484 is not as well known as the Belle. I'm also looking forward to later build 17F's with the astrodome. I'd love to build Knock Out Dropper or Miami Clipper or Hell's Belles..... Anything but the Memphis Belle.

Now, let's discuss an early B-17G kit.... When this kit is released I'll be in for several but I hope that there are some options like Douglas vs. modification center 3 pane waist windows and such. That radio room gun/hatch also needs to be carried over from the F (if HK allows it to be portrayed in the firing position).

Just because an airplane has been done to death doesn't mean that I have done it to death.

Knock yourself out...

I've been studying B-17's for a long damn time (over 35 years and still learning new stuff about the aircraft almost every time I look at it) and every damn B-17F kit released in any scale at one time or another has included decals for the Memphis Belle, wrong or right. Of those releases, I've probably built most of them. I'm also willing to bet that other B-17 nuts like me have similar experiences and feel the same way about another rendition of the Belle. If the HK 17F comes with Memphis Belle decals, I just won't use them. And I'm saying this with an Robert Morgan autographed photo of the Belle behind me on the wall. As long as the kit will come with options as Jennings has indicated, I'll be buying it (other factors notwithstanding).

Edited by TimC

If HK comes out with a Me 323 or even a B-29, Do you guys think it would be safer to sell my wife's new Prius, or take my adult daughter from her fiancé (both bigger and stronger than I) and sell her into slavery?

I'd go with slavery;... you might want to borrow the car some day.

I've been fixed, so no more daughters, and my license got pulled because of my Agent Orange Seizures and dizzy spells. Of course either way, I'd be kicked out of the house, so I'd have one big field to build and display them in front of the bridge I live under.

I've been fixed, so no more daughters, and my license got pulled because of my Agent Orange Seizures and dizzy spells. Of course either way, I'd be kicked out of the house, so I'd have one big field to build and display them in front of the bridge I live under.

Get some cardboard boxes; we could make a duplex.

As far as my daughter, she gets to select where I will be spending my last days. She figure under a bridge in Iceland would be fine. As far as the Prius, I can have the B-29, but will have to leave off the turrets to make it easier to ware where the Sun don't shine. This will make it a tail dragger.