1/32 WWII pilot figures coming from Mike Good

trooper

I read an article on some forum, not sure where, that stated a new company was going to produce a series of pilot figures seated, entering and exiting aircraft. Mike Good, renounded sculptor, is working with others to produce these figures starting with British personel. Has anyone else seen this article? Have I gone over the edge, could be. I am not sure where I saw the article (news flash) here or on Planet figure web site.

Hi,

Yes the new company is called Wings Cockpit Figures the first releases (poss in early December) will be on show at the IPMS UK Nats at Telford this weekend on the MDC stand.

One of the first figures is an RAF seated pilot by Mike Good also some more RAF pilots fom Andy Cairns and two Soviet women aircrew from Nino Pizzichemi.

With the future programme I think that a gap in the requirments will be filled

Bob

also in the range is a B-25 pilot and co-pilot (?) which were really superb.

NICE!

Its about time...............I have never really been a "pilot" or figure guy, instead preferring to opt for a detailed cockpit and belts.........but for my upcoming Lady LiL project, since the sweetheart canopy is really closed either way, and only side windows can be cut open (which im going to try) I have been seriously thinking about some figures for the Mitchell..................even so far as to think about a top turret gunner as well...................

:hmmm:

Saw them yesterday at the MDC stand. Freakin amazing. Great detail and stance.

I agree with Jeroen, they are mind blowing. The detail has to be seen to be believed. The test shots were just plain beautiful.

I should add the only seated figure was RAF, the two B-25 guys were standing.

I think they are planning seated crew too Andy. The sculptor is working on the next two.

From talking to David Allen today I gather that he has plans for quite a few Great War figures plus more WWII figures, possibly some Russian as well as German and Japanese. He already has two Russian women pilots plus seated RAF pilots in addition to the pilot exiting his machine. The two US airmen are in a relaxed standing pose from what I recall. Unfortunately, my camera battery died just before I discovered the figures on the MDC stand. However, Mr. Allen has agreed to send me a couple of images when he gets a minute, later this week possibly. If he does, I'll post them here with his permission.

There are no current plans for more contemporary modern figures of any description.....boo.....{~pouting emoticon with bottom lip out~}

TBH, even if you don't build aircraft from the eras he is offering it will be worth buying the figures as stand alone models in their own right. They are AMAZING!!

Edited by geedubelyer