1/32 WWII pilot figures coming from Mike Good

trooper

Guest KingK_series

Agreed. I have several of the Mike Good WWI figures, and they are exceptional. The figure of Voss actually looks dead on like Voss did too.

These figures are nicely modeled, who ever did them understands human form, unlike most of the kit pilots, not to mention figure models which are pretty ropey.

These comments beg a question - would there be a huge interest in portraits of particular pilots ? - say W Molders? A Galland? Heinz Bar? Priller? Stanford Tuck? D Bader? G Unwin? Guy Gibson?

really well done and clearly identifiable?

Edited by KingK_series

These comments beg a question - would there be a huge interest in portraits of particular pilots ? - say W Molders? A Galland? Heinz Bar? Priller? Stanford Tuck? D Bader? G Unwin? Guy Gibson?

I imagine so. Any well done illustrations of known personalities are bound to be popular with a given percentage of aviation enthusiasts.

there's already plenty of famous pilots that have been made in figure form, in various scales - some good, some bad... I remember I had an Ulrich Puchala white metal figure of (I can't remember) around 20 years ago that was considered state of the art back then... personally my preferred medium for figures is resin - and in my opinion the best resin figures I've ever seen are the offerings from Bravo 6, Evolution, Wolf and Hornet - although there are many others. Mike Good is certainly someone who I would consider to be at the top of their game when it comes to understanding how a figure should 'look' - ie obeys the 'rules' of the human form with regards to posture, attitude and facial / muscular expression. So many times I've seen absolutely horrific figures with completely unnatural stances...some of Verlinden's offerings spring to mind.

these figures are among the better ones I've seen...

You know what I'd like to see? A figure of a WAAF ferry pilot. Just read Lettuce Curtis' biography - would be nice to have a figure of a WAAF pilot. I can picture it now - a nice dio of a Spit, a WAAF walking away from it, being greeted by the base commander & other pilots™

Notice I have trademarked that idea so don't go pinching it! :P

Guest KingK_series

I imagine so. Any well done illustrations of known personalities are bound to be popular with a given percentage of aviation enthusiasts.

and what would be most popular? seated in cockpits or standing for a diorama scene?

Edited by KingK_series

Guest KingK_series

there's already plenty of famous pilots that have been made in figure form, in various scales - some good, some bad... I remember I had an Ulrich Puchala white metal figure of (I can't remember) around 20 years ago that was considered state of the art back then... personally my preferred medium for figures is resin - and in my opinion the best resin figures I've ever seen are the offerings from Bravo 6, Evolution, Wolf and Hornet - although there are many others. Mike Good is certainly someone who I would consider to be at the top of their game when it comes to understanding how a figure should 'look' - ie obeys the 'rules' of the human form with regards to posture, attitude and facial / muscular expression. So many times I've seen absolutely horrific figures with completely unnatural stances...some of Verlinden's offerings spring to mind.

these figures are among the better ones I've seen...

got some pics of your favorite figures?