1/32 WWII pilot figures coming from Mike Good

trooper

Guest KingK_series

Just received a set of the ZM P-15D Engine maintenance figures and at first glance, they look pretty good.

Finally, I'll be able to finish up my BBD vignette

Peter

Ah so there is a demand for ground crew as well as pilots?

how many share this view?

Guest KingK_series

The more I think about this, the more I believe the generic approach may be the better one. I intended to display the Voss figure with his Triplane, but I consider that to be one of the least attractive Triplanes I'd like to do, so a more generic figure could be used next to any other Triplane (there are several I think look great), with a lot less fuss and confusion.

How about a range of 10 say 'generic' pilots in different poses in each national flying dress and then a range of 'celebrity' pilots in correct dress, in several verions - ie seated in plane, standing outside, , mounting plae etc etc both WW1 and WW2?

yes but then you have an obvious 'cloning' which might just be too obvious for anyone with a collecvtion of planes wanting pilots..... do you not think?

plus individuals will be as different in their height and proportion as in their face, thier stance or gestures, not to mention clothing - Bader and Park were famous for wearing Dungerees, but that would be wrong on Deere or Johnston. etc etc etc

True if you use more than once the same figure with slight changes. This was not my idea. For instance I rather think using the Bader figure with a different head to depict an unknown pilot (some others used Dungerees as well!). Regarding proportions, it is not an obvious problem as far as you use a single figure and more particularly avoid reproducing a well-known pilot!

Guest KingK_series

True if you use more than once the same figure with slight changes. This was not my idea. For instance I rather think using the Bader figure with a different head to depict an unknown pilot (some others used Dungerees as well!). Regarding proportions, it is not an obvious problem as far as you use a single figure and more particularly avoid reproducing a well-known pilot!

Bader also needs to be modeled with tin legs underneath Dungarees, and yes in a sensitively modeled figure you would feel the difference...

Guest KingK_series

Yes, I think some RAF ground crew in realistic poses would be very welcome. I may be biased though, my father was an engine fitter...

Richard

That's not bias, that's appreciation of people we all owe a great debt of gratitude to . -

My father was an RAF instrument fitter. I doubt if any sculptors would tackle figures working on a Spitfire instrument panel, which apparently required crawling in head-first, with a mate holding onto your ankles to stop you falling in any further!! He was also lucky enough to be involved on trials with the Martin Baker MB5, which he said was a dream to work on. Now, there's a model I'd like to do some time!!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

From todays Hyperscale:

"The next batch of figures will come out in late January. These will include Alan Ball's early war Hurricane pilot climbing out, Steve Warrilow's Battle of Britain pilots scrambling with parachute and a pilot resting in an armchair, and Bob Naismith's RAF groundcrew NCO on the wing in the slipstream shouting to the pilot."

Some pictures, please very mauch. :please: Could be some prototype, trial, test shots or something :please:

Edited by K.Y.Czart

Guest Peterpools

I'm just starting to include figures in my vignettes (Big Beautiful Doll was the first and had 5 figures from three different manufacturers). I've spent some time learning to paint figures and have a long way to go in learning the art. The need for ground crew, mechanics and support personnel is about equal in my eyes. While I can appreciate figures of specific and famous pilots, I would rather have as many generic pilots as possible in various poses. Also after my introduction to figure painting and watching countless hours of "how To's" on You Tube, quality is so important. I look forward to any new releases with open arms as there aren't as many truly wonderful figures of pilots and crew as I originally thought.

Also, Pilots and support personnel from the Great War are a must have to accompany the wonderful WNW kits that have exploded in popularity.

Peter

I'm just starting to include figures in my vignettes (Big Beautiful Doll was the first and had 5 figures from three different manufacturers). I've spent some time learning to paint figures and have a long way to go in learning the art. The need for ground crew, mechanics and support personnel is about equal in my eyes. While I can appreciate figures of specific and famous pilots, I would rather have as many generic pilots as possible in various poses. Also after my introduction to figure painting and watching countless hours of "how To's" on You Tube, quality is so important. I look forward to any new releases with open arms as there aren't as many truly wonderful figures of pilots and crew as I originally thought.

Also, Pilots and support personnel from the Great War are a must have to accompany the wonderful WNW kits that have exploded in popularity.

Peter

Don't forget, at some point in the future, WNW will be releasing their own line of figures.

http://www.wingnutwi...ww/resinfigures

From todays Hyperscale:

"The next batch of figures will come out in late January. These will include Alan Ball's early war Hurricane pilot climbing out, Steve Warrilow's Battle of Britain pilots scrambling with parachute and a pilot resting in an armchair, and Bob Naismith's RAF groundcrew NCO on the wing in the slipstream shouting to the pilot."

Some pictures, please very mauch. :please: Could be some prototype, trial, test shots or something :please:

They've only just released their first figures and already you want to see the next batch!? Maybe you should display a bit of patience, maybe buy some of the figures available, make them, by which time photographs of the next tranche might be available. However, just for your eyes only :coolio: here's a sneak preview of one of the next batch, please try to contain yourself! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasbrick/3409182232/lightbox/ If you have any further queries, please direct them by post to Mr Santa Claus, The Grotto, North Pole, Planet Earth.

They've only just released their first figures and already you want to see the next batch!? Maybe you should display a bit of patience, maybe buy some of the figures available, make them, by which time photographs of the next tranche might be available. However, just for your eyes only :coolio: here's a sneak preview of one of the next batch, please try to contain yourself! http://www.flickr.co...82232/lightbox/ If you have any further queries, please direct them by post to Mr Santa Claus, The Grotto, North Pole, Planet Earth.

What are you so surprised at my request? I know that the first batch of new products will be released soon. It is not yet available in online stores (yesterday I was shopping at MDC). This does not mean that all of the party's interests me. David Allen as a representative of the company WCF announces continued high-speed, why should I be patient? Do not wanna be patient, I want to know more about new products. I ask for it. I would gladly buy them, as they will be on the market. And I'm not interested in the Luftwaffe (I prefer RAF) or Lego. Even my children have grown too long to play with Lego. And for a long time we do not believe in Santa, but we believe the market. I think it's not just me. And not only I happy found out more about the next batch. If you do not want, it's your thing.

Regards

Krzysiek

• 1 year later...