1:32 Revell Arado Ar196 A-3

Ralph Riese

Thanks for your comments Gents. Afew more pics before trying to put the model together. Apologies to those who might have already seen these on HSPP...

Underside weathering and exhaust staining was done with a very dilute 50:50 mix of Tamiya XF-72 Brown (JGSDF) and XF-85 Rubber Black. Diluted Citadel Babab Black wash and 502 Abteilung Abt090 Industrial Earth oil paint were used for the grime on the yellow engine cowl.

2S-21.jpg

3S-21.jpg

6S-20.jpg

7S-15.jpg

4S-21.jpg

Black areas were drybrushed with Vallejo 70990 Light Grey.

5S-22.jpg

A hole was drilled to take a scratched pitot tube - shown in scale plans, but missing from the kit.

8S-14.jpg

Vallejo 70886 Green Grey was applied to the wing root areas with a sponge, and then "filtered" using Testors Dullcote tinted with small and equal amounts of XF-4 Yellow Green and XF-67 NATO green - tried for a worn look, rather than a heavily distressed look. The kit lifting cables were replaced with beading wire.

9S-10.jpg

That's unbelievably good work Ralph. I wish you'd put out a book or DVD on how you achieve your finishes. It's all still mysterious magic to me!

Kev

+ 1, even better I wish I was your neighbor so I could get some personal tutoring ;)

Doug

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Hello Ralph

I hope you reading this. Your works are so much inspired to me, the Arado 196 looks so perfect , really amazing, a stunning work.

You are absent more than 2 years here and i hope you come back soon, we miss you and your works

Cheers Werner