Wingscale Announcement

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Wondering what will Gordon be doing with all those prepaid orders.
Mine was also pre-paid. Wish Gordon had the new A-4, I'd get that and other goodies for the money I paid..........Harv :BANGHEAD2:

Sprue Brothers' list of pre-order policies states explicitly that:

Your credit card is not charged until the kit ships. NOTE - an authorization is run when the order is placed to validate your credit card which could result in a temporary hold for the order amount being placed on your account that typically lasts for one to five days by your bank. We have no control over whether this is done or not to your account.

Charles Metz

Martin I truly hope things work out for you and wish you all the best in the future.For you and Wingscale...as for the ChiCom folks they can truly and surely kiss my bad attitude...I want to know what company works like this and I'll never give the bastards my business.I don't care what else they come out with...SOBs...

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Good question. Mine was also pre-paid. Wish Gordon had the new A-4, I'd get that and other goodies for the money I paid..........Harv :BANGHEAD2:

Pre-pay ??????

The deal with retailers is that NOTHING would have to be pre-paid, until the moment the kits would be really available.

I am a bit confused here now.

Edited by WINGSCALE (Martin)

Well, Martin

You again seem to set a record with your post, 55 replies in just about 19 hours. The good thing is that you see the support and compassion on our side which I am sure will not remain in just verbal level. Not bad for a start on new project, huh?

Jozef

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Hello to you all,

First of all, let me say to you all.....thank you very much for all your support.

I will never forget that !

I appreciate that highly !

That is truly a very good feeling and gives extra boosts to my dedication and perseverence to find a new way.

I always say, people can steal your idea, but NEVER your dream !!!!

After reading the replies, I feel the need to add some extra information, to ensure we are not getting in discussions where we should not go into:

I have other chinese friends also, and they are all great !!!

I will keep working with them, I still trust them 100%.

They feel as much pity for me, as you all are doing.

They are wonderfull people.

I can only say, we should not judge all chinese the same, that is not fair to them.

As everywhere in the world, there are good and less good people.

In my case I applied poor business judgement, I choose the wrong partner.

I made the mistakes too.

Where there are problems, they in majority of the cases have been initiated from two sides.

That is live, that is business.

Another addition on my learning curve.

It will not affect my feelings in general about chinese, I still like them a lot !

To be clear, we are NOT talking about Trumpeter / Hobby Boss or another common known manufacturer !

They have NO connection at all with Wingscale !!

In the meantime I do my best with the retailers to find a solution how we can get the B-25 in one way or another to you all.

As you can imagine, I feel respect for the way the retailers have put effort, trust and dedication in marketing the B-25.

Taking the pre-orders in, answering your emails and phone calls.

They have been very busy with it.

I do not forget that, I do everything in my power to help them on a way they still can deliver if they want.

Please follow my advice: BUY the B-25, disregarding in which box or under which brand it will be delivered.

The kit is nice, it deserves to be sold well.

About quality of the decals, instruction leaflet and photo etched parts I do not have information.

I was already out of the picture, before to be able to arrange all that stuff.

Personally I can only say, you will do me a big favour by just continue buying it, preferable from the selected retailers.

To cancel the pre-orders or not buying the B-25 at all is not the solution in this situation.

Just enjoy the kit !!!!

Make nice models of it, show me the pictures of it.......and you all make me a happy men.

Show me I did all that effort not for nothing !!

Last but not least I can say: I am a strong and big guy.

Offcourse I feel sad about what happened.

Also because it was totally unnecessary.

But I see negative things always as an opportunity to start a new bigger positive chance.

So do not worry about me, I can manage and cope with all this.

I will come back to you all, even stronger and better then before !

I will need some time to think about how to proceed.

arrange the things that have to be re-arranged.

See what opportunities will arise from this matter.

That all takes time, that is something I can not hurry.

Please accept that I will be off the record for a while.

But I promise: I will come back !

Best regards and again, many thanks for your support,

Martin

Pre-pay ??????

The deal with retailers is that NOTHING would have to be pre-paid, until the moment the kits would be really available.

I am a bit confused here now.

PayPal. Anyone paying via Paypal has pre-paid. Credit/debit cards are charged at the time of the actual sale/shipment.

Edited by kalashnikov-47

A very sad story, Martin. I was really looking out for the B-17. Whether I'll buy the Chinese copy or not remains to be seen.

But dealing with the Chinese is risky, and possibly, a very expensive experience. The Chinese have absolutely no business ethics or morals. Norwegian oil rig operators have found this to be true: They order cheap oil rigs from a Chinese construction firm. As the rig nears completion, all kinds of "complications" pop up, more extra payments, rig is not built to contracted spesifications etc., etc.

It ends up with a termination of contract and voilà, a new rig for the ambitious Chinese oil exploration program!

Needless to say that Norwegian contracts now go to Korea.

Still dreaming of a P-61, Martin! And an up to date Beaufighter.

Stein

Edited by A340 Pilot

PayPal. Anyone paying via Paypal has pre-paid. Credit/debit cards are charged at the time of the actual sale/shipment.

I preordered through Paypal and I wasn't charged a dime. No invoice for payment was sent and my preorder still exists. If you sent payment, you did it at your own volition.

Martin,

I'm a very in-frequent poster here but, having resurrected my account for the purpose, feel I need to echo what has already been stated about the difficult situation you are in and hope, in the end, something good can come out of it for yourself.

Your reaction in your second post is extremely gracious under the circumstances and I can promise you that, if and when you are ready, I shall be waiting with bated breath to pre-order the B26, A26 and P61.

All the best for your future endeavours.

Adrian

It is good of Martin to spare some of his valuable time to explain things a lttle more before people jump off the deep end. We all feel the same by and large, and I know that Martin appreciates the sentiment. However, I agree with Martin that we should not necessarily boycott buying the B-25 (and other kits that were the fruit of his labours) out of angst, but rather buy them to celebrate his creations and help support those outlets that Wingscale wish to deal through...I am certain that Martin will come back even stronger and more enthused than before.

As for the joint venture Wingscale/Eclipse Model Design 1/32 P-61 Black Widow, for the time being, it is still on, so watch this space :) .

Derek

Martin,if you didnt exist somebody should invent you!!!

You are a MAN!!!For what is worth YOU show the cinese how a MAN behaviour should be!!!

So following your adress IF and WHEN the B 25 is out i'll buy and dedicate to YOU!!(what about a B 25 group build dedicate to the Martin "style"??)

in the meanwhile i'll go for a P61B as well!!What a Plane!!!BTW what about a B 24 Liberator??

MArco

At some point in China they will be corrected by the Global economic environment to behave in a professional way. It is indeed poor form, from a legal perspective and more in important a decency perspective.

I hope Martin will set something up in the Netherlands where more control over the (due)process is possible.