Wingscale Announcement

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Martin,

This is terrible news and I can only imagine your feelings right now. I wasn't going to purchase a B-25 or B-17, but I was interesting in the P-61 and the B-26. I can tell you and everyone else here that I think purchasing the B-25 and B-17 from whomever puts it out, is the wrong thing to do, IMHO. The company that you were dealing with needs to be taught a lesson. I know we are a small peice of the modelling world pie here, but I just couldn't bring myself to buying those two models from them, knowing their business practices.

For what it's worth,

All the best in your future Martin!

Brad

The message is clear,

Do not cancel your orders, enjoy a kit that has been created by a modeler for modelers.

Forget politics.

Cheers

Cees

I'm not canceling my order....yet.........

but...

I do fear that the price will now skyrocket to well over $200. I hope I am wrong but I ain't holdin' my breath.

If the kit price goes up significantly I will be canceling my order.

For now I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I'm not in any hurry to get this kit.

Oh dear, this is a shame, I was really looking forward to the Meteor.

Martin, I know it is a cliche, but what doesn't break you, makes you stronger. You will be diamond-hard with all your dealings with contractors in the future, and that will be respected, I am sure! I look forward to the time your next project reaches the shops, whatever it may be.

Back on your horse, soldier!

us-cavalry.jpg

All the best,

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Who said anything about politics? I don't care where these people come from, but what they did to Wingscale is wrong and I for one will make a statement with my wallet thanks very much. I encourage others to do so. To add to their economy well being makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever!

Brad

The message is clear,

Do not cancel your orders, enjoy a kit that has been created by a modeler for modelers.

Forget politics.

Cheers

Cees

Be Civil now.

The Manufacturer/Culprit will become evident soon enough and each individual will be able to make their own informed choice on how they want to react.

I see Martins point very clearly.

Personally, if I had helped designed and then Championed a kit like this, I would want people to buy and build it, regardless of who eventually produced it. In fact, I think we almost owe it to him to have a go at the kit that he has brought into existance, it really is "his baby"

Why must you bring politics into this? How would I boycott a country by not purchasing a model, gimme a break man.

So you want to boycott a whole country. Missed Martin's point?

So you want to boycott a whole country. Missed Martin's point?

Over on Hyperscale, this discussion degenerated into a "political discussion" with a lot of race-baiting. As far as I can see it started with certain intolerant people accusing others of having racist attitudes or politically incorrect viewpoints, when it seemed to me they were only expressing their viewpoints as to the business ethics at work here. I hope this same thing does not happen here.

Its a response to the comment "to add to their economy makes no sense whatsoever", It doesnt read like wanting not to buy this model from this company, it reads like boycotting Chinese products doesnt it?

I wont be buying one either because I'm not a fan of the Mitchell.

I'm not being uncivil. Look at the spirit of Martin's post.I am genuinely perplexed by this vilification of all things Chinese.

I'm sure everyone would be uncomfortable if we started discussing not buying Jaffa Oranges from Israel.

Remember, not only big chinese companys have bad ethicts, the same could have happened in other contries, and have happened in both modelling and other type of business. The big sharks today are mainly US and chinese companys, tomorrow they might be from other contries. This behaviour will always exist but we will not hear much about it, unless we are directly or indirectly affected by it. Next time around Martin is aware of this type of pit falls. Now Martin, concentrate on the P-61, bring us a great kit!

I will keep my order for a cannon B-25, but if the price go up i will not buy another one.

I personally will be surprised if the price for the kits were increased, there is already a distribution network set up for the kits with a price in place and it seems Martin is eager for them to still receive the kit.

Revell paid Frank Brown money after, allegedly, copying his Echelon Hunter kit, pity they didn't do the Lightning while they were at it.

Wow...all this Chinese discussion, it makes me sad. IMHO, this is not the type of discussion this community is known for. To tell the truth, it's really very irrelevant, as in "It doesn't matter what country it is now does it?" It is a company within a country. Were the same thing to have been done by A COMPANY in an Eastern European country, a Western European country, the U.S. or Japan (current disaster notwithstanding), whether by choice or mandate is irrelevent; the end result is the same now isn't it? There may be relevant facts that have not been communicated as to why. We'll never know and we shouldn't concern ourselves with them by speculating. What's happened has happened and we would be wise to pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and continue on. The support for Martin and Wingscale from this community has always been overhelmingly positive; I'd like to think we can keep it that way. I believe that Martin will do the same and continue on with some of the other projects he's informed us he will be taking on. After all, he didn't say he was quitting the business...he just said he's not going to be involved in the projects he named. I for one will be ecstatic when the P-61 Black Widow and the B-26 Marauder arrive on the scene. We may have been set back a little but I believe the future will prove that this is just a little hiccup on the road to much better times...and success. Thanks Martin for all your communication, insight and raising the bar. I'm sure any future project you take on with respect to 1/32 scale plastic model aircraft will be well received and highly sought after.

In closing I will say I agree with some of the posts and reiterate my earlier post saying that I will keep my original preorder. I will also agree that if the price of the kit skyrockets to well above what I had originally anticipated paying or the quality of the specific version of my kit is not up to what I've seen from the photo releases Martin has graciously provided, I will not buy another or any derivative thereof.

In the end it all boils down to personal choice. Nothing else is even worth mentioning...it's your money, spend it how you wish.

<click> Soap Box Off

Edited by TimC

Wow...all this Chinese discussion, it makes me sad. IMHO, this is not the type of discussion this community is known for. To tell the truth, it's really very irrelevant, as in "It doesn't matter what country it is now does it?" It is a company within a country. Were the same thing to have been done by A COMPANY in an Eastern European country, a Western European country, the U.S. or Japan (current disaster notwithstanding), whether by choice or mandate is irrelevent; the end result is the same now isn't it? There may be relevant facts that have not been communicated as to why. We'll never know and we shouldn't concern ourselves with them by speculating. What's happened has happened and we would be wise to pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and continue on. The support for Martin and Wingscale from this community has always been overhelmingly positive; I'd like to think we can keep it that way. I believe that Martin will do the same and continue on with some of the other projects he's informed us he will be taking on. After all, he didn't say he was quitting the business...he just said he's not going to be involved in the projects he named. I for one will be ecstatic when the P-61 Black Widow and the B-26 Marauder arrive on the scene. We may have been set back a little but I believe the future will prove that this is just a little hiccup on the road to much better times...and success. Thanks Martin for all your communication, insight and raising the bar. I'm sure any future project you take on with respect to 1/32 scale plastic model aircraft will be well received and highly sought after.

In closing I will say I agree with some of the posts and reiterate my earlier post saying that I will keep my original preorder. I will also agree that if the price of the kit skyrockets to well above what I had originally anticipated paying or the quality of the specific version of my kit is not up to what I've seen from the photo releases Martin has graciously provided, I will not buy another or any derivative thereof.

In the end it all boils down to personal choice. Nothing else is even worth mentioning...it's your money, spend it how you wish.

<click> Soap Box Off

Well said. Let's put this topic to bed and get back to modeling.

Sorry Dr Dave, I was refering to the economy of the eventual model manufacturer, nothing more. This whole issue is a shame, and I feel sorry for Martin as he has poured a lot of time, effort, and money to these three projects. When he produces a model with his lable on it and I like the subject, I'll surely show my appreciation by purchasing. That's all for me.

Thanks

Brad-back to my Spitfire Mk XVI.

Edited by Brad-M