1/32 Hasegawa J2M Raiden

mahernandez

Just saw an announcment on Cybermodeler in the kit update section for Aircraft Kit Release Announcments for a 1/32 Raiden from Hasegawa for Q311 release. Looks like they're trying to beat Zoukei Mura to the punch on their SWS #4.

Edited by mahernandez

Yeah, Hasegawa announced the release awhile back at the last toy/hobby show in Japan. I've not seen anything more on it though. Hopefully, it'll be this year and probably around 3rd quarter if historical release schedules are any indicator.

It seems that Hasegawa seem to be on a roll with new 1/32 Japanese subjects, if only they would add the Kate and the Val to their catalogue!

However, I'd also be equally pleased with a Judy or a Nick!!! :please:

Well, there's no harm in hoping is there? :rolleyes:

Phooey!

I do not give a damn about another Jack.

It was a relatively minor fighter aircraft of WW2.

The Val and the Kate were much more important aircraft in that conflict.

The Val and the Kate sunk almost all of the US battleships, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers and sundry other craft that bottomed on the floor of the Pacific Ocean in the first two years of that conflict.

Yet companies like Nazigawa are busy turning out kits of more obscure fighter aircraft. Well, at least they are making Japanese aircraft now, instead of the steady flow of Nazi aircraft they had been presenting to the modeling world in the past 20 years. Back in the 1960's they had guts and imagination and produced all sorts of interesting and desirable aircraft in 1/32 scale. I guess they had a change of management. Perhaps the oldsters who started the company were replaced by guys who got MBA degrees in US Colleges of Mediocrity.

At least Trumpeter, for all their faults, do produce an occasional bomber.

Stephen :angry2:

Phooey!

The Val and the Kate sunk almost all of the US battleships, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers and sundry other craft that bottomed on the floor of the Pacific Ocean in the first two years of that conflict.

Yet companies like Nazigawa are busy turning out kits of more obscure fighter aircraft. Well, at least they are making Japanese aircraft now, instead of the steady flow of Nazi aircraft they had been presenting to the modeling world in the past 20 years. Back in the 1960's they had guts and imagination and produced all sorts of interesting and desirable aircraft in 1/32 scale. I guess they had a change of management. Perhaps the oldsters who started the company were replaced by guys who got MBA degrees in US Colleges of Mediocrity.

Mawey a tsmukan, mawey... All in good time. Oh, and I am one of those MBAs from a college of Mediocrity...Sorry, I just couldn't afford Stanford, Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Can we say "Open mouth, insert foot"? I knew ya could.... FWIW, my undergrad came from Syracuse University. Stephen, I think you'd b*tch if you were hung with a brand new rope.:wicked:

Edited by TimC

Phooey!

doublefacepalm.jpg

Mawey a tsmukan, mawey... All in good time. Oh, and I am one of those MBAs from a college of Mediocrity...Sorry, I just couldn't afford Stanford, Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Can we say "Open mouth, insert foot"? I knew ya could.... FWIW, my undergrad came from Syracuse University. Stephen, I think you'd b*tch if you were hung with a brand new rope.:wicked:

Don't feel bad Tim, I couldn't afford college so I joined the Air Force instead, guess that really makes me a rock. :doh:

Mike (busily trying to decipher these strange characters on the keyboard)

Phooey!

Stephen

lalalala_beavercanthearyou.jpg

You can just hear the big delete coming.

MBB

Phooey!

I sure am glad that model manufacturers DO NOT follow this school of thought for kit releases. This "one already exists so a better, new one should never be released" is just ridiculous! As someone that actually BUILDS models, a new, better engineered, easier to build kit of a subject is always welcome. Of course, since you seem to disagree, you could start your own company and show them all how it is done.

If I am not be excited by the subject matter a manufacturer announces, I still hope they sell a lot of them so they can stay in business and produce something I am interested in. Regardless, I don't go making asinine posts on model forums about it. I was always under the impression that age brings maturity...

Doug

I'm pretty sure we all have yet to see the perfect airplane kit. Somewhere,somehow, there is always an issue. If every kit in your stash is built, then there might be a concern. If not, just ignore this release news. I have one Revell of Japan Jack, and prolly will keep it, just because it is such a state of the art kit for it's day.