Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

Your entire build has been accomplished at a whole new level of excellence. I really appreciate your sharing it with us as you have taught me to look at each assembly as a model in and of itself. I look forward to your next update on the firewall to engine details with great anticipation.

Wolf - it looks stunning as is. An absolute treat to see what this model can look like as it is next in line for my workbench!! Mind you - mine will look nothing like yours nor will have that detail - well beyond my skill level in terms of build and paint. Simon

A thought: What sort of magnification do you use? It appears you do your detailing by section. Is that correct? What is your planning process for creating all the intricacies?

Hi Jim, I just recently got a new magnifying lamp, fluorescent ring, and 5 diopter. So many of the details on the Merlin are tiny and without the magnification I'd never be able to see them. :blink: At 54 the eyes just aint what they used to be. You're right in that I do my detailing by section. I try and figure out what I'm going to add and then make sure I add the least accessible items first and then proceed to work out from there, if you know what I mean.