Update Trumpeter releases

I must be getting older, as I am not as interested in that list as I once would have been. There are a few things on there that I would consider buying, however with trumpeter one must look in the box before he(she) parts with their money, as I am far more interested in quality than I am in the subject variety.

I will make some mental notes to track the progress of the Hurricane, Spitfires, Jaguar, and Tomcat other than these most of the list will pass completely unnoticed. There was a time that I would have bought more than half of the list, but those days are behind me now. I too am disappointed by the disappearance of the Devastator.

Mmmm, better than Hasegawa or Eduard offerings? :speak_cool:

Whom are you quoting? I can't find that phrase anywhere on this discussion board, let alone in this thread. Call me a nit-picking academic if you wish, but alleged quotations without any indication of source are worthless at best, in my opinion.

Charles Metz

From the Trump factory visit article:

Manufacture the kits modelers want - meh........maybe most of the time...who asked for jet engines....did you ask for jet engines...lol

Make them as high quality as possible - ? they've had some real boner mistakes, even as recent as the new HB Vark

Follow up kit sales with additional customizing accessories - meh......

Improve customer service support (meaning replacing broken or missing parts) - their US importer Stevens royaly SUCKS BIG TIME on this

This plan directly depends on modelers to get involved with new kit requests and provide positive and negative feedback

We've been screaming at them.....have they listened.....not yet but we'll see....

I will say maybe a new dawn is coming with Mr Song on the boards asking for assistance.....THAT is a VERY good thing.....just pray they follow through

Trumpeter.....I love 'em and have every 32nd scale Trump kit and a ton of their armor.....I've helped build that new factory.....hopefully,

in the new decade they will continue to get better.

Well I dont know about you guys, but the A-4E/F's really interests me to convert into a 'K'! I know the Hasegawa one isnt bad, but the thought of a more up to date version with finer details really rings my bell.

09 has been an amazing year for us LSP guys with Wingnuts, Tamiya Spitfire, Airfix Mossie etc.............and 2010 looks to continue. We have never had it so good I reakon.

Cheers and bring on the Scooter!

Anthony

This is all very interesting, but I was disappointed to see no mention of the long-awaited TBD Devastator. If they have given up on doing one, I wish they would just say so.

The Chinese are just a more patient lot than us westerners.

Patience, grasshopper!

:rolleyes:

Erik.

Well,well, well!

The really big news for me here is a new tool Hawker Hurricane!! WOW! Who says they don't always listen!

Lots of stuff to keep us large scalers happy for a very long time, Skyraiders and Jaguars will also do very nicely for me.

Now if only they would announce a new tool HS Buccaneer,Fairey Firefly and Fairey Gannet in 1/32, this RN modeler would be a VERY happy man!!

I would think this list will see them at least into 2012/13 by the rate they've turned out the last few projects though.

Still, whenever they get here I'm sure they'll be debated over with the normal intensity we expect nowadays.

Personally, I'm just grateful that they at least have a go at these subjects, yes, I'd love them to be 'perfect' but mistakes can be rectified if you really feel that passionate about changing them. Roll on!! :rolleyes:

If that Hurri will be a downscaled version of their 1/24 kit, than we're in for something nice!

Erik

Whom are you quoting? I can't find that phrase anywhere on this discussion board, let alone in this thread. Call me a nit-picking academic if you wish, but alleged quotations without any indication of source are worthless at best, in my opinion.

Charles Metz

No Charles, it is in the spiel on that link by the guy who spent time at the Trumpeter factory. I took time to read the article on the link. I thought because this topic was related to that link, it would have been obvious what I was quoting. Sorry if it wasn't. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I subsequently went and read the article. :lol: It makes sense 'now'...

At least someone like Dave is likely to politely give the company guys the general vibe when it comes to Trumpeter kits. Rivets/shape and decal issues etc. Perhaps the more good modellers like Dave and Tigger get to meet the ones who make the decisions the more likely it becomes that what modellers want will happen. Meh...bit of an eternal optimist.

Cheers Matty

Did miss the article about the visite spend halve of the christmass time on the toilet so no wonder :rolleyes:

Sounds great they are working hard to bad the machine shop is in China.

I did pre order the Bf109 so curious how it turns out.

johan

As much as a luftwaffe fan as I am, I'm not getting too excited about the German subjects until they are something more than vaporware. They might be a hit, like the Me262, while not "perfect" is REALLY close, or like the 1/24 Bf109 family or Fw190D, frustrating stinkers. Particularly hold little hope for the '109s, as they run the risk of being scale downs of the larger kits, errors included.

And though not a major fan, the Skyraider does catch my eye and the Mig23 mentioned elsewhere (?) could have potential.

Trumpeter's newer kits do seem to be getting better, the new 1/48 FC-1/FJ-17 was both a good kit with much better instructions from trumpeter of old. The even newer FA-18E in 1/32 is also a fairly good kit (a few details might be iffy?) but has poorly done instructions and ill-considered weapons selection, feeling like they rushed it to make holiday sales(?)

If they actually produce even half of the list, and if they don't do any worse than their recent releases, I'll be delighted.

If they actually produce even half of the list, and if they don't do any worse than their recent releases, I'll be delighted.

Now the list is just getting ridiculous...

• 1:32 Curtiss P-40M Kittyhawk 2211
  • 1:32 Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk 2212
  • 1:32 Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk 2269
  • 1:32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator 2226
  • 1:32 North American F-100F Super Sabre 2246
  • 1:32 Grumman A-6A Intruder 2249
  • 1:32 Grumman A-6E Intruder 2250
  • 1:32 Grumman EA-6B Prowler
  • 1:32 Grumman EA-18G Growler
  • 1:32 Grumman F-14A Tomcat
  • 1:32 Grumman F-14B Tomcat
  • 1:32 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk 2266
  • 1:32 Douglas A-4F Skyhawk,
  • 1:32 Douglas A-4M Skyhawk
  • 1:32 Douglas A-1E Skyraider
  • 1:32 Douglas A-1D Skyraider
  • 1:32 Douglas A-1H Skyraider
  • 1:32 Douglas A-1J Skyraider
  • 1:32 Douglas ASW Skyraider
  • 1:32 Su-25UB Frogfoot 2276
  • 1:32 Su-25K
  • 1:32 Su-25UB
  • 1:32 McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II Plus 2286
  • 1:32 McDonnell Douglas/BAE Harrier GR Mk 7 2287
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109E-3 2288
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4/Trop
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109E-7/Trop
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109F-4/Trop
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10
  • 1:32 Messerschmitt Bf 109K-4
  • 1:32 Boeing/McDonnell Douglas F/A-18F Super Hornet 3205
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-23ML Flogger G 3210
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-23MF
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-23ML,
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-23MLD
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27D,
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27M,
  • 1:32 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27K
  • 1:32 Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik
  • 1:32 Ilyushin IL-2 Shturmovik single seat,
  • 1:32 Ilyushin IL-2M straight wing,
  • 1:32 Ilyushin IL-2M3 with the swept wing
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87A,
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87 Stuka B-2,
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87 Stuka D-2,
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87 Stuka D-5,
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87 Stuka G-7,
  • 1:32 Junkers Ju 87R
  • 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb,
  • 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX,
  • 1:32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.24
  • 1:24 North American P-51B/C Mustang 2402
  • 1:24 Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-6/A-8 2419
  • 1:24 Junkers Ju 87D-3 Stuka 2420
  • 1:32 BAE GR-3 Jaguar
  • 1:32 BAE Sepcat Jaguar A

I've left the Devastator in for nostalgic reasons.

Typically, I've finished collecting enough data and parts to create a Ju 87A in 1/32.

I expect Trumpeter will do more than half the list.

I expect that even the stinkers will be (significantly) better than what I can scratch/modify.

Anyone want to buy and old Revell Ju 87B?