1/32 Vulcan started!

Lee White

Well, I've started the big Vulcan. Maybe "started" is the wrong word- I haven't glued anything yet, but I've got the fuselage halves cut out, and the canopy cut and sanded to fit, so there are only 3 parts in the pic. Fit is pretty good so far, with only some fine sanding to do to get it to fit even better, but it will need some putty!

Perched on it's back is the fuselage of a 21c Bf-109F, to give some scale- B)

Lee

post-81-1204307393.jpg

Well, I've started the big Vulcan. Maybe "started" is the wrong word- I haven't glued anything yet, but I've got the fuselage halves cut out, and the canopy cut and sanded to fit, so there are only 3 parts in the pic. Fit is pretty good so far, with only some fine sanding to do to get it to fit even better, but it will need some putty!

Perched on it's back is the fuselage of a 21c Bf-109F, to give some scale- B)

Lee

OMG!! My two year old would be able to fly around in that thing. Looking forward to this and will follow closely, get building! You might want to run an iron over your bedding too :D

Where are you going to put this beast when its finished ??.

Martyn.

Ummm,,,, Had not thought of that..... maybe I can convince the kids that camping is really, really fun, and that they should do it for several years, while I put their rooms to good use.... :unsure:

Hi Lee

I was hoping to see someone tackle this. I haven't got the room or I would do it just for the size of the thing. I was at the flight test day at Bruntingthorpe, it was INCREDIBLE! I don't where you live but if you are in the UK and in or near the Midlands, you should get there and take some pictures of the real thing. It really is awesome.

Also there they have a collection of other military jets, Bucaneers, Lightnings ( I had to stop myself from drooling over those), and others. A few big civilians as wel, 747's etc.

Keep us posted on this with lots of images. Just out of interest, how much was this kit, and how many parts are there to it?

Thanks

Ian