1:32 Sperry Ball Turret

robertmro

That will be a welcome improvement over the HK kit parts. You already may know but if not, I must tell you that there were two different models of the Sperry ball turret used on the B-17. The A-2 was used on those 17E's with a ball turret through B-17F production and into the B-17G production up until serial number 42-31032. After that, the A-2A turret was used. Most of the differences between the two deal with the stanchion but there seem to be differences in the turret itself such as the window configuration.

I did a minor study of it on here and if I can find the thread, ill link to it here -----> http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=64751&hl=

I'm afraid it's not exhaustive but it may help a little bit.

I have the TO for the A-2 and A-2A turret if you need some help finding stuff.  I'm also wondering if you're planning on including some/all of the interior details of the turret?

Edited by Juggernut

Hey, Dave! Didn't Verlinden make something similar? Perhaps I'm not correct, but it seems like someone already did this.

I think Verlinden did a B-17 waist gunner piece in 120mm.... I am not aware of any turrets......anyone know for sure ?

Joe

I can only recall the Waist Gunner from Verlinden

I can see how many modelers on this site would love to have a large scale version of this turret on a frame as shown in the photo. I think it would make for a really compelling model perhaps sitting next to a 1/32 display of the plane.