Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

So I added some decals to the rear of the glazing panel on the cowls fixed in place with Future and then added a length of styrene strip painted RLM 02, not strictly accurate but will be good enough when all closed up.

20180323_212325.jpg

20180323_212438.jpg

And cowling now glued in place, I also added the seal from masking tape also sealing the edges to stop peel with a little future.

20180324_102910.jpg

Now on to the other wing which is having a bit of a fight with me getting everything aligned but I think I am nearly there with it now, hopefully have both wings complete this coming week including drop tanks assembled and test fitted.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Managed to finish the wings today after fitting the oil cooler and radiators , pretty happy with the results after lots and lots of careful dry fits and adjustment I think its as good as I will get.

20180330_164551.jpg

Followed by a very quick dry fit with the fuselage

20180330_165302.jpg

Starting to look a lot like a G-4 now! For anyone working on this conversion be very careful constucting the engine naceles as you can easily be tripped up and get things out of alignment, I think the key is getting the upper rear cowl correctly aligned on to the upper wing and the only way you can do this is with the wing halves taped together with no wheel wells fitted. Take it slowly and all should come nicely together!

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Yep, you're absolutely right about the nacelles, trickiest part of the build I reckon even OOB. Looking very good Andy.

Max

Awful break down of parts by Dragon isn't it Max and probably because they were leaving there options open for an F/ G version but it never happened!

Hardest parts of this conversion for me have been:

i) Shrage Musik installation fit issue's, from my build the rear fire wall needs to go back about 5mm more than the conversion instructions but hopefuuly anyone following my build wont have any issues with this. Interested to see another build to see if I have messed up or they come to the same conclusion as me in this area.

ii) FuG array installation, lots of careful measuring and pinning while making sure all is square. The 220b installation is probably the hardest but strongest when complete.

iii) Replacement engine nacelles

iv) and the part most people have expressed most concern with before even having a go is the rear vac canopy.

I'm pretty close to final assembly of the main airframe now and all I can say is measure, measure and measure again and all should fall into place.

Regards. Andy  

You rally make it look easier than all the work it takes. I also have the kit and conversion but will wait some time before starting. Thanks so much for taking your time to show us the way !.......Harv :popcorn: