T-28 1/32 Kitty Hawk

DirkE

Since I don´t want to hijack or spam Brians T-28 wip, I started this new topic.

I am not a english native speaker, I will have to keep the desciption kind of short.  Otherwise you might not understand what I mean.

I started with the cockpit and during the process I got the first issues. As already stated in Brians topic from another group member, this kit has some minor faults. Nothing that can´t be fixed, but remarkable, since this is a new tooling and KH seems to do good engineering.

I thought about doing a USAF "D" version. But after checking reference photos, I saw that the "D" cockpit is not fully supported by this kit. Specially the area behind the front seater. But there are also some parts missing to do a proper "B" cockpit. Anyway, this will be the "B" version.

IMG_2806_zps3tz1faik.jpg

IMG_2815_zpsbsqqkame.jpg

Here I try to add the missing throttles:

IMG_2862_zpscphnlr87.jpg

Since the backside of the IP shows the instruments as well, I decided for some wireing. Only to find out on a reference photo, that the backseater IP was covered by a plate. I leave it open, since I made the effort to display those wires.

IMG_2894_zpskekdzquh.jpg

The cover for the backseater IP is too short and that part that supposed to be behind the frontseater....well, I found no photo to verify that. So I was scratch building a different part that I saw on different photos.

IMG_2896_zpsd8hrk8to.jpg

IMG_2901_zpsjkq7rob4.jpg

IMG_2917_zpslpnv0lbv.jpg

Edited by DirkE

This is awesome!  Brian, the only reason I'm so far along is because I'm doing mine strictly OOB, with little to no attempt to cover any warts, other than build fit and finish. 

Yep, same here Ern. Im just finding it hard to get bench time with all the influx of new Jeep parts..................BUT as mine is a commission for KHM, I really dont have a choice in the OOB dept.

NBD really, as the kit really doesnt need much; Id only like to see some Eduard PE for the pit, and/or some good resin pit parts, and maybe some resin weighted wheels too.