T-28 1/32 Kitty Hawk

DirkE

regarding the cockpit. I thought about adding more details to the pit. And while scannning some reference pictures I figured out, there is still some potential. The front canopy, when opened, has this rails showing up (see picture blue arrow) They are modeled in the kit, but just not in that position. So either (in respect of the front seat) you cut those away or leave them and insert a new rail. The front canopy has a stop at the ip of the backseater (yellow arrow). This is easily to add. If you want to open the front canopy, you see that it is lifted upwards. To do so on the kit, you need to spread it aft. I thought about adding some details on the inside of the canopy, but Kitty Hawk had decided against it. There is no room. For the back canopy I saw that it is closed at the end (red arrow). This can be added to the kit, but I still don´t know how, since I only have one picture as a reference. I closed the space between the cockpit wall and the fuselage.

maxresdefaultll_zpshuw2wxx1.jpg

IMG_3174_zpsxn21flj6.jpg

Mvc-012s_zpsrz3bcauw.jpg

Mvc-014s_zpsgcmwwrvr.jpg

IMG_3178_zps1xr5yxs5.jpg

Edited by DirkE

Guest Clunkmeister

Dirk, on mine, I'm playing with the idea of using some small spacers to spread the front canopy at the rear, so it can sit open. Adding styrene dowel for rails should be easy enough.

I just worry about cracking the front sliding canopy, but I doubt it will.

Great work so far.

Can I ask how you did the tip weathering on the propeller? It looks so real!

I have this task ahead of me right now and I would love it if mine would turn out half as nice.

Chris, pretty easy I would say. First I spayed the blades in flat black (here Alclad black primer), than I sprayed the tips white and red. And then I used micro mesh grid 3600 and sanded slightly over the edges (from the outside to the inside / copying the airflow that hits the edges of the prop) That's it. Easy-peasy :) Edited by DirkE