Suggestion of 1:32 Sunderland and Halifax from HK Models

Tony T

A 1/32 Halifax B.Mk III, B. Mk.VI or B. Mk VII would be a dream come true for me. Just think of all the 4 Group coloured fin markings aswell as some of the fantastic BIG nose art found on 6 Group Canadian Halifax's.

With 6,178 of all marks being built and opereted by the R.A.F., R.A.A.F,. R.C.A.F. and the Free French in Bomber command, not to mention Transport and Coastal Commands, a kit of the Halifax must surely have international appeal.

I live in hope.

8 hours ago, Dave T Brown said:

A 1/32 Halifax B.Mk III, B. Mk.VI or B. Mk VII would be a dream come true for me. Just think of all the 4 Group coloured fin markings aswell as some of the fantastic BIG nose art found on 6 Group Canadian Halifax's.

With 6,178 of all marks being built and opereted by the R.A.F., R.A.A.F,. R.C.A.F. and the Free French in Bomber command, not to mention Transport and Coastal Commands, a kit of the Halifax must surely have international appeal.

I live in hope.

Right on! I'd like to do some of 100group's electronic jamming birds along with some pathfinder machines in addition to the S.O.E. birds ,lots of examples to chose from. I've noticed an up tick in interest for the Halifax and rightly so ! I'd be better off all around to have it in 48th , but if the price is right............... I've always been more interested in the Halifax than the Lanc or even the American machines , don't ask me why 'cuz I don't know it's just a thing with me.

4 hours ago, europapete said:

I could go for a 1/32 Halifax. 

Would prefer an early version with the merlins, front turret and triangular tails.

Alternate noses and tail fins would take care of early, mid and late, but would it need two different wings — or might one wing design accommodate Merlin and Hercules nacelles? 

Like most who are interested, I'd buy only one boxing. If it were 1:48 then probably two: early and late. 

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Tony

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Alternate noses and tail fins would take care of early, mid and late, but would it need two different wings — or might one wing design accommodate Merlin and Hercules nacelles? 

Like most who are interested, I'd buy only one boxing. If it were 1:48 then probably two: early and late. 

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Tony

1/32 only for me, Rectangular tail fins and Hercules engines please.

….and a Sunderland chaser too.

Kind regards,

Paul