Me-110?

56 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

While I actually have the old kit in the stash, along with a ton of legacy aftermarket for it, with plans to do what I can with it, for people more sane than I am, I'd recommend grabbing a Dragon kit (or the Revell rebox), and sourcing one of the AIMS conversion sets. This will give you a better result with arguably less effort, but at probably significantly more cost.

Kev

Well, my sanity has always been in question[ ask my kids they'll tell ya] . Which Dragon/Revell -110 would be the likely choice or does it really matter? I'm not really up to speed on them, probably a stupid question[ hey it's me we're talking about here]

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's kind of what I figured. What's it like, is it worth any effort? I don't think we'll see a 110G night fighter from anyone ,so this might be the only shot at having one on the shelf. I got a 5 lb hand sledge and a Black Decker body grinder if needed.

Well, if you have six months of available time and a lot of documentation...

:rolleyes:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=3093

Even if far from simple or cheap, the Dragon/AIMS combination will put your model in another league!

8 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, if you have six months of available time and a lot of documentation...

:rolleyes:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=3093

Even if far from simple or cheap, the Dragon/AIMS combination will put your model in another league!

Oh I hear ya on that! I've been snooping around looking for a conversion kit ,so far no joy . There was one listed [but out of stock figures ] and that one was going for $180. USD. The Revell/Dragon kits aren't TOO bad pricewise. Still could turn into an expensive proposition all told. Documentation I'm a little weak on presently, but I can fix that.

7 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Oh I hear ya on that! I've been snooping around looking for a conversion kit ,so far no joy . There was one listed [but out of stock figures ] and that one was going for $180. USD. The Revell/Dragon kits aren't TOO bad pricewise. Still could turn into an expensive proposition all told. Documentation I'm a little weak on presently, but I can fix that.

The AIMS conversions were not cheap when they were in production.  (Pastor) John may be talking a few orders directly  but again, beautiful but not cheap. 

The set comes with very good instructions

Edited by Rick Griewski

12 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

AIMS sell via Hannants, and they have the Bf 110F/G conversions in stock.

51 minutes ago, denders said:

The G-4 conversion seems to sell out pretty quickly once it's back in stock. 

Can't believe it's over 6 years since I built my G-4 conversion, was a very enjoyable build indeed!

Regards  Andy 

1 hour ago, monthebiff said:

Can't believe it's over 6 years since I built my G-4 conversion, was a very enjoyable build indeed!

Regards  Andy 

Agreed Andy, enjoyable but by no means easy. 

6 hours ago, monthebiff said:

I too have one of Johns full G-4 conversations, and really hope to get to that one as well, as I do love the look. Lots of work, but worth it!

On 3/20/2024 at 9:10 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's kind of what I figured. What's it like, is it worth any effort? I don't think we'll see a 110G night fighter from anyone ,so this might be the only shot at having one on the shelf. I got a 5 lb hand sledge and a Black Decker body grinder if needed.

What  Kevin said, but it depends on how far away you stand from the finished kit.

Stand 8-10 feet away and you could get away with the old Revell G-4, any closer

than that and you'd need the Dragon / Aims combo.   ;)