Hasegawa A6M5c Takeo Tanimizu finished

chrish

I'm not saying I can make it but, it is an oob build so maybe...

Well this took a few hours to do, cutting Tamiya tape to mask the clear component

T8ArIe6.jpg?1

I built up the components that will be the cockpit color and the engine. I drilled the cylinders and front ring to add plug wires

R4XQpFm.jpg?1

great fit so far and moving along nicely

Thanks for looking

i have the limited addition A6M5a by Hasegawa which i hope to post soon - i don't have allot of builds under my belt - and no Hasegawa kits before ... at least not this century. ... but it builds itself. The kit looks just like the 'c' (only the wing panels would be a bit different). i almost decided i didnt need to use a single blotch of putty - in the end just a bit at the wing roots. and of course the price point - sometimes it's just nice to build a great kit with no bells and whistles. 

I've begun splashing some paint around but, using the paint color callouts from a Tamiya A65M because I dont have the Gunze GSI Creos paints called for in the Hasegawa kit

I'm not too sure about the metallic blue/green but maybe that's just me after many years of WW II Luftwaffe, Brit. and American subjects. Tamiya suggests a 3;1 mixture of X-13 Metallic blue and X-25 clear green, here's the result of that mixture;

ZML0UXi.jpg?1

Kind of dark looking here, another pic on white paper towel

LcaGY1I.jpg?1

The work continues

Thanks for looking

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but aotake (blue-green) is totally wrong for any A6M cockpit and at that stage of the war, most likely the fuselage too.  The cockpit for a Nakajima built A6M5, which is what you're building, would be a light grey-green similar to (but not the same as) British WWII interior grey-green.  Which Tamiya kit are you using for reference?  The 1/32 A6M5 kits (60309 and 60318) both call out XF-71 Cockpit Green, for the cockpit.

Edited by Juggernut

Quit being so lazy and start finding reference pictures...re-painted the interior and now glued together (I'll have to source seat belts)

XF-76 IJN gray green and kit instrument decals

rfWSmJZ.jpg

doH77aa.jpg

SXfTQTI.jpg

LhJdl9j.jpg

the gun only being friction fit allows a little creative assembly (not following the instructions)

Sz1T7tP.jpg

hope I got the color right this time cause there's no going back now!

Thanks for looking

7 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Much better! LOL.  You'll also want to paint that turtledeck flat black.

Thanks yep, I’m on that. I wanted to make sure I covered all that metallic blue so I  oversparayed the hell out of it!

now that armoured glass panel behind the pilots head…the instructions indicate the frame to be the green color, wouldn’t that be black as well?