1/35 ICM Black Hawk

Hrvoje

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Pretty cool! Possibly a bit off on timing with the  also possible RE-release of the 35th helos from Kitty Hawk, but my experience so far with ICM kits has been fantastic, so it may be a moot point.

To be honest - I’m not certain ICM’s kit will surpass the KH kit.  Assuming the quality is similar to their Cobra kit, I’ll give the nod to KH.  Their Cobra is pretty basic.   Where I predict ICM will shine will be on the instructions (the KH instructions are a complete dumpster fire) and surface detailing (we’ll get accurate raised rivets).  

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Pretty cool! Possibly a bit off on timing with the  also possible RE-release of the 35th helos from Kitty Hawk, but my experience so far with ICM kits has been fantastic, so it may be a moot point.

Its more than a possibility.. all the KH helicopters are available again

12 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

I'd venture a guess that ICM will eventually do most of the -60 family - like they did with the Invader family. 

RIP to those who overpaid for KH kits when they were "OOP" :lol:

Those MH-60R's were going for ludicrous prices, £200 / $300 ish range. Luckily managed to grab an AH-6J and an SH-60 for less than their original retail via china, and once the rumours about molds being acquired came out, I figured it would not be worth paying anything above retail as they'd eventually show back up anyways.

Edited by drt786

3 hours ago, drt786 said:

Those MH-60R's were going for ludicrous prices, £200 / $300 ish range. Luckily managed to grab an AH-6J and an SH-60 for less than their original retail via china, and once the rumours about molds being acquired came out, I figured it would not be worth paying anything above retail as they'd eventually show back up anyways.

Uh I can do even better (..or worse depending on how you look at it) - I became really interested in the "Romeo" when AoA decals released markings for the Danish version so I went hunting on eBay and got completely carried away. I ended up paying $400 for it :oops: - and then the package was caught in customs as well.... not my finest hour. But I have an MH-60R kit in my stash now ;)

Edited by Zola25