1/32 Kotare conversion; Supermarine Spitfire LF Mk.Vb YO-A 401 Sqn RCAF.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:10 PM, geedubelyer said:

Mouthwateringly good. :wub:

Thank you, this is my second Kotare Spitfire and getting the hang a bit now as there are a few areas where fit is an issue.

Regards. Andy 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:27 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Lovely progress, Andy!

Kev

On 3/20/2024 at 1:14 AM, Uncarina said:

That is looking so good!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks for checking in guys, it's a nice kit but tricky in a couple of areas on the fit front.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:12 AM, Biggles87 said:

Fantastic!

The harness is particularly good. How long did that take?

John

T

On 3/19/2024 at 9:10 PM, geedubelyer said:

Mouthwateringly good. :wub:

Thank you, this is my second Kotare Spitfire and getting the hang a bit now as there are a few areas where fit is an issue.

Regards. Andy 

On 3/19/2024 at 9:27 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Lovely progress, Andy!

Kev

On 3/20/2024 at 1:14 AM, Uncarina said:

That is looking so good!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks for checking in guys, it's a nice kit but tricky in a couple of areas on the fit front.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:12 AM, Biggles87 said:

Fantastic!

The harness is particularly good. How long did that take?

John

Took about an hour to assemble the belts and them fitted them to the seat and let the glue dry overnight followed by a black/ brown oil wash and a flat varnish, hope that helps.

Regards. Andy 

On 3/21/2024 at 9:14 AM, dennismcc said:

That does look good, nice work.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis, it's a lovely kit and you will enjoy when you start your copy.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:13 AM, Iain said:

Looking fabulous!

The metal used on the Yahu panels is pretty hard in my experience...

Iain

Thank you Iian and you are not wrong, 2 layers of pretty thick and pretty hard brass and quite a lot of it was removed so it would fit the Kotare cockpit!

Regards. Andy 

So plenty more done today with first of all the cockpit getting closed up inside the fuselage halves 

20240319_220611.jpg

20240319_220649.jpg

I then turned my attention back to the wing and fitted the modified ailerons and then the Tamiya wingtips followed by the reshaped HB oilcooler before mating it to the fuselage 

20240325_231117.jpg

20240325_231054.jpg

20240325_231123.jpg

20240325_231018.jpg

Starting to come together now and it's definitely much better fitting the wing fillets to the fuselage halves rather than the wing as per the instructions and also sand th lower rear cockpit tub heavily once together to aid the wing fit.

Regards. Andy 

16 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

It’s beginning to look like a Spitfire now.

John

Getting close isn't it John, just need to get the rest of the panels cleaned up and fitted. 

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Looks terrific, if you have any problems with the decals I also have the set, and they are yours if you need them.

Thank you and very kind of you regarding the decals!, The Exito Decals are printed by Cartograph so fingers crossed they will be fine. I've used their other 32nd scale 109 set and all was well but let's see!

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Thank you and very kind of you regarding the decals!, The Exito Decals are printed by Cartograph so fingers crossed they will be fine. I've used their other 32nd scale 109 set and all was well but let's see!

Regards. Andy 

I'm sure you'll be fine, I just didn't want an accident to happen, you buy another set, then I find out afterwards, bit like if you take a brolly out it has less chance of raining, unless you live in Greater Manchester, obviously.