175 Squadron Hurribomber finished!

mozart

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shoggz said:

It's looking good Max..

Thanks Rich, it’s not often I’ve done a plane in this later scheme so it’s been enjoyable and good practice for the Typhoon and Tempest yet to come. 

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

Noiiiiiiice!

Wow that looks good Max! In these photos it looks to have just the right amount of sheen to the finish.

Kind regards,

Paul

Agreed about the sheen Paul, all down to good old MRP paints! I guess their popularity is responsible for the increasing difficulty in getting hold of some colours. 

13 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

Superb stuff Max. She's looking close to the finish line. 

Keep at it :thumbsup:

Yes Guy, major parts just the undercarriage because the prop and hood are done but not fitted. Weathering of course, a combination of oils and Flory dark dirt plus MRP exhaust soot etc. 

Edited by mozart

Posted (edited)

The weather is absolutely atrocious, the only saving grace is that it means plenty of bench time! Start of play this morning and the bench is looking a bit “Hawkerish”:

RQIk8x.jpg

The Tiffie is the old Revell one that I started some years ago but needs finishing! 

Today’s target, the OneManArmy stencils:

jArpWG.jpg

All in place but each now needs a further mask around it to avoid overspray. About 2 hours prep for 10 minutes precision airbrushing. This is my second use of these masks, and I reckon they’ll go one more Hurricane at least, but I’m hoping two! 

8oQJ9e.jpg

gQ6wqp.jpg

Not that I’m tight of course! :P

Edited by mozart

They look great, stencils are not my favourite thing as if you use decals they always seem to silver, I will have to have a look at the range that they have.

HGW Wet Transfers are good but my last experience was a bit hit and miss.

Cheers

Dennis

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

They look great, stencils are not my favourite thing as if you use decals they always seem to silver, I will have to have a look at the range that they have.

HGW Wet Transfers are good but my last experience was a bit hit and miss.

Cheers

Dennis

Funnily enough Dennis I also have the HGW Wet Transfers for the Hurricane but I agree, their success is very hit and miss, whereas I’m in complete control of the paint stencils.

36 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Looks great Max

Very appetizing and inspirational. But it looks like this will cause chaos on my workbench.

I have to hurry, I'm late

The-White-Rabbit-Tenniel-The-Nursery-Ali

Never too late Tolga……there’s always time……:piliot:

Edited by mozart