LSP Christmas Raffle 2023

LSP_K2

OK, folks, it’s time once again to kick off our Christmas raffle for the year, but first, a few basic rules/guidelines we intend and encourage all to follow/observe.

Please real all of these rules/guidelines very carefully, as we’d like this to go a smooth as possible for us all, and observing these guidelines, will most certainly help in this regard.

Note: This will be one large, all-encompassing drawing, not dozens of mini-drawings, so entering the drawing for very specific items, will not take place.

1. Firstly, only LSP kits and related AM items will be accepted as donations (books and magazines are OK, so long as they are aviation related). Photos of donated items would be most appreciated, though not essential, and can be sent to me, using my email address from the home page, or posted by the donor in the thread proper.

2. Whatever you may choose to donate, you will be responsible for physically shipping the item(s), so please bear this in mind. Since there is absolutely no guarantee that recipient will live in your own country, shipping costs should be considered for all items donated, prior to making this commitment. (Also refer to item No. 4)

3. Inclusion of photos of donated items is encouraged, either directly in the raffle thread itself, or by sending to me for inclusion on post #1.

4. LSP is prepared to offer limited shipping assistance (financial), to those that may require/desire it. (This applies to international shipping specifically and exclusively, as local costs should be reasonably manageable for most.)

5. Swapping is not really recommended, but neither is it discouraged. If you do decide to swap however, we encourage the individual recipients to make those arrangements amongst themselves (after receiving items from the respective donors), leaving the donor out of the equation altogether. Shipping costs under these circumstances, will be at the responsibility of the recipient(s), so should be agreeable to by said recipient(s), and these particular transactions will be exempt from LSP shipping assistance.

6. Common sense dictates that members that had not yet served out their full moderation period prior to drawing commencement (ie, today), be excluded from participation in this event, unless finished with moderation period by actual draw date (December 26th), with none of the initial (moderated) posts being acceptable in this specific thread.

7. We fully expect that donors will make every attempt to ship items in a timely fashion, but we also well understand that sometimes work/life can get in the way, so if you are a recipient, please be patient.

8. If multiple items are donated by one individual, please make it perfectly clear if they are offered up as one package, or as individual raffle items. This will save the staff a fair amount of time, by not having to chase down clarifications.

9. Every effort will be made to assure that everyone that desires to participate, will be entered as a participant, and this will be checked and verified daily, and in chronological order.

10. If you desire to participate in this raffle (as a raffle entrant, not a donor), please clearly state that (within this thread), so that you may be entered as such. If you do not clearly state that you wish to be entered, you will not be. Donors are encouraged to state what they intend to donate, also within this thread, and that information too will then be logged on page 1, and again, in chronological order. In the possible event that there are more items offered than participants, a second drawing will be pulled for those specific items, using all names submitted.

11. If you enter into the drawing at all as a possible recipient, please make it a point to contact donor in a reasonable amount of time (3 weeks) after the drawing date (December 26th) if you win something, or you forfeit that prize (at donor discretion). Donors should not have to chase down recipients, under any circumstances.

12. Please make sure you have adequate room in your PM folder(s) for receiving messages; so by all means, clean out that inbox, if full.

Note: Raffle results will be announced on December 26th, either late afternoon or early evening, probably early evening.

These guidelines will be amended, when/or as deemed necessary.                    

Donated Items (Kits):

Revell Saab Gripen (JAS 39) - Donated by Jack

Hasegawa P-40E - Donated by Thomas Lund

Fly Hawker Hurricane Mk IIC - Donated by Shoggz

Wingnut Wings Fokker E.II (Immelmann) - Donated by coogrfan

Kōtare Spitfire Mk Ia (mid) - Donated by coogrfan

Hasegawa Bf 109F-2 (with QB seat) - Donated by Alain Gadbois

Special Hobby P-36 - Donated by LSP_Ron

Williams Brothers Schoenfeldt Firecracker - Donated by themongoose

LukGraph Vought SBU-1 Command Aircraft - Donated by williamj

LukGraph Vought SBU-1 Corsair - Donated by williamj

Roden Fokker Dr.I Triplane - Donated by Rick Griewski

Special Hobby Nakajima Ki-27 Otsu, “Over Malaya and Philippines” - Donated by Rick Griewski

Trumpeter Bf 109K-4 - Donated by Granger Davis

Doyusha A6M2 Zero - Donated by MustangManiac

Ciro Models Avia S-199 - Donated by Alain11

Donated Items (Books):

1 (one) KLP book (winner's choice) - Donated by Landrotten Highlander

1 (one of two)) Valiant Wings book (winner's choice) - Donated by Trak-Tor

1 (two of two)) Valiant Wings book (winner's choice) - Donated by Trak-Tor

Osprey Tornadoes of the Gulf War - Donated by blackbetty

(3 HMH books): DH-C001 - Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX & Mk.XVI, DH-C002 - North-American Texan/Harvard, DH-C003 - Hawker Hurricane - Donated by Nic C.D.

Valiant Wings Bf 109 (second edition) - Donated by Telepatu

Spitfire, Alfred Price - Donated by Shoggz

HMH F-104 Starfighter - Donated by Ginja Ninja

Osprey Colour Classics P-51 Mustang, From the RAF to the Mighty Eighth - Donated anonymously

Valiant Wings Spitfire part 1 (Merlin) - Donated by Fanes

Classic Publications Fw 190 in North Africa - Donated by Kagemusha

(3) Osprey Combat Aircraft books - Donated by John1

Donated Items (AM):

Super Scale 188FS/150FW F-16C - Donated by Chaos07

Profimodeler 138th FW - F-16C - Donated by Chaos07

Speedhunter (Reid Air Publishing) Big Scale Vipers pt 2 - Donated by Chaos07

Montex 32117 P-47 Thunderbolt masks - Donated by Phantom2

CAM 32-085 Tomcat decals - Donated by Phantom2

Two Bobs 32-033 F-6 Viper decals  - Donated by Phantom2

£100 of airscale products (winner's choice) - Donated by airscale

True Details - Hawker Hunter F.6 cockpit set (Monogram) - 32453 - Donated by simon417

Avionix 1/32 F-100 Super Sabre Cockpit set (Trumpeter) - BLC32045 - Donated by simon417

Two Bobs F-16C Big Mouths 32-031 & Caracal Models Air National Guard T-33A CD32009 - Donated by Neo

HGW 321003 Fw190A-8 riveting set - Donated by NigTT

HGW321001  Fw190D-9 riveting set - Donated by NigTT

AIMS 32D006 Heinkel He219A decals - Donated by NigTT

Cutting Edge F-105 (32047) decals - Donated by vince14

Aviattic Fokker Dr.I, MVR (32225) decals - Donated by vince14

Aviattic Fokker Dr.I (32311) decals - Donated by vince14

Two Bobs 32-032 F-16 Block 50 Big mouth Vipers - Donated by red Dog

Fox one decals F-4J Marines 32-003 - Donated by red Dog

Lot - F4U Corsair stuff - Donated by Ginja Ninja

Zotz Decals 32-084 1/32 Douglas A-20G Havoc in the PTO WWII - Donated by Dennis 7423

Zotz Decals 32-086 1/32 On Griffon's Wings: The Spitfire XIV In Service - Donated by Dennis 7423

Zotz Decals 32-085 1/32 Gerald "Jerry" Johnson: Ace of the PTO - Donated by Dennis 7423

WWII decal bundle - Donated by Dave J

Exito Bf 109 (Eastern Font Fighters) decals - Donated by Kagemusha

Donated Items (Other):

$50 Amazon gift card (electronic version) – Donated by myself and P-51D Man (will not be available until 01 17 24 though).

Have fun, folks, and good luck to you all.

Hi everyone, this year i'll donate an oldy, box has a little bit moldy spots on the outside (been in the stash for quite some time now, guess some 32 years....), but the parts are all okay, some of them separated from the sprues, but complete, and decals have been kept separately . Was planning on building, but you know how things go........:blush:!!!

NYT9HMr.jpg

Oh, and i'll have to shorten the original box  by about an inch in order to put it in a sturdier outer box for transportation.

And i don't have to be a recipient, have fun!!!

Well, this year I'll repeat my last year's offer, again.
Is it a tradition now, isn't it?
I'd like to donate 2 books of choice from Valiant Wings Publishing + shipping. As 2 separate prizes.

This year, too, a few novelties have been added. And others are on the way.

And put me down on the list as a recipient as well, please. Once only. 
Thanks for your time and effort.

Juraj

7 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

Well, this year I'll repeat my last year's offer, again.
Is it a tradition now, isn't it?
I'd like to donate 2 books of choice from Valiant Wings Publishing + shipping. As 2 separate prizes.

This year, too, a few novelties have been added. And others are on the way.

And put me down on the list as a recipient as well, please. Once only. 
Thanks for your time and effort.

Juraj

Done, and thanks very much for the offerings.

Tell you what...

I remember the shipping costs last time... seems crazy

Can I change that to a 60USD model from a webshop appropriate for the winner ? 60USD seems appropriate for a P-40E, but I'm open to comments. We can work out it the winner wants a paypal transfer, a gift card or I simply buy it for him...

Would that be ok?

9 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

Tell you what...

I remember the shipping costs last time... seems crazy

Can I change that to a 60USD model from a webshop appropriate for the winner ? 60USD seems appropriate for a P-40E, but I'm open to comments. We can work out it the winner wants a paypal transfer, a gift card or I simply buy it for him...

Would that be ok?

You can certainly do whatever you deem best for you. Keep in mind the recent discussion re: shipping cost reimbursements, and that is also noted in post #1. No matter how you opt to go, thanks for the contribution.