1/24 Me262 Schwalbe - traditional scratch

Jim Barry

I had my S2F Tracker in my project track as my next scratchbuild but decided I might bore of it and lose interest. I don’t think that’ll be the case with this. Excited to add a jet to my 1/24 jones. That is a very rare thing in injection mold kit world (just the Harrier). I don’t expect very much 3D here, despite capabilities. Maybe landing gear? 

wfdYgV.jpg

t8KhzC.jpg

Go Jim go! This is looking like the base skeleton for a plank on frame ship model. Shipbuilders often add small wood pieces to the central spine between the contours to prevent warping, but you probably already knew this. In any case, I am looking forward to seeing this take shape!

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

has anyone considered using a papermodel as a template for scratchbuilding? There a quite good researched these days and especially having all the fusalage formers is a benefit. Check this one out from Halinski:

https://kartonmodellshop.de/messerschmitt-me-262a-1-schwalbe-1945-1-33-extrem.html

With kind regards

Jan

Edited by Jan Hascher

Hello Jan  :hi:  I have one I bought years ago (Heinkel 100) but never got around to building it.

Of course., since then an IM model has come out.  :rolleyes:  It's a fine idea and doesn't look too difficult,

I've seen paper models that were pretty amazing.

• 3 weeks later...