Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire MKXVIe Anthony John Reeves

Fritz

Hi All

Been on the forum a while, but haven't really posted much. I normally build 48 Scale, but slowly building a collection of 32nd scale kits.

Thought I would share some photos of my latest build. This is the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire MKXVIe kit.

The paint scheme is of TB675 who was flown by Squadron leader Anthony John Reeves of 74 squadron. I decided to do this particular plane, as while I was visiting my father who lives in the Cook Islands, last year, I discovered that A J Reeves was buried at the cemetery next to the Cook Islands RSA. I also found out his wife was still alive and attended the RSA.

I felt it would be a great tribute to build his plane and gift this Spitfire to the RSA which was done about a week ago.

Paints used were all Tamiya acrylics, Roundels, codes and serials were made at home and sprayed.

It was my first time trying out paint masks and I must admit, I am sold on them. Going to try and do more masks in the future.

I kind of kept the weathering to a minimum, there is some dirt marks etc on the wings, but you can't really see them in the photos.

Anyway hope you all like it.

Cheers

Mike

Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mkXVI

great build and a noble gesture and great little story. Crazy that men and women from that time are still around (like my mom). My first attempt at masks were CW roundels for a Mustang and i struggled - one has to really... really plan it out... but yours look perfect. I have the Spitfire IX ... and some more masks... so an inspiration here ... to give it a go again...

On 11/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, Jboldt007 said:

great build and a noble gesture and great little story. Crazy that men and women from that time are still around (like my mom). My first attempt at masks were CW roundels for a Mustang and i struggled - one has to really... really plan it out... but yours look perfect. I have the Spitfire IX ... and some more masks... so an inspiration here ... to give it a go again...

Thank you! I really enjoyed using masks for this build. Definitely going to do it more on future builds.

On 11/11/2023 at 5:18 AM, KUROK said:

It's really well finished!

Thank you!