1/32 Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat but it's what if :)

artoor_k

Because I'm stuck with what-if Ju-87 (gunpods problem) then I'll start another one...

Because last week I became an owner of Hasegawa Hellcat then today I unboxed it and imediatelly it landed on my bench. I'll use Master gun barrels and seatbelts made of yoghurt foil.

And here is my victim:

7qe9bnB.jpg

fhH5ed6.jpg

And here are first glued and painted parts. I've decided to leave cockpit as it is with only minor upgrades.
w4qLJSf.jpg
SwN4SXo.jpg

On 8/1/2023 at 1:02 AM, themongoose said:

Nice work on those seatbelts. Looks like you’re turning this old kit into an eye turner!

On 7/31/2023 at 3:38 PM, BradG said:

Yeh mate that looks pretty nice.

Thank you :)

I send styrene exhausts for a reconaissance mission to trash bin and used brass tubes instead

rEXZqM2h.jpg

vVMj5jdh.jpg

New barrels from Master are definitely better than kit's ones.

AayDYT3h.jpg

...and that's it :)

In 1946, an American offer was received for the supply of aircraft for the Polish naval aviation. It included F6F Hellcat fighters and torpedo bombers TBM-3 Avenger bombers and torpedoes. At the same time, the first demonstration aircraft arrived at the former German airport in Dziwnów - two F6F-5 fighter Hellcats and one F6F-5P reconnaissance aircraft.
The Polish side ultimately did not accept the offer, which was determined by the unit price (Barracudas, although inferior in performance to the Avengers, were almost two times cheaper), and in the case of fighters also lower performance than the Mustangs just received from the USA. Also it was considered that for one planned fighter squadron ( 5th "Privateer" Squadron) there was no reason to put new type of fighter into service.
However, the Hellcats remained in Poland and served in 2nd Women Squadron.

Depicted Hellcat, named "Kiciuś" ("Kitty" in english) was used mainly for combat training and CAP over Baltic Sea.

PNEDuPnh.jpg

imNzEg2h.jpg

y7m3Qdoh.jpg

bhWpzEHh.jpg

lLLvWkZh.jpg

EL8vaiKh.jpg

7wuuWjIh.jpg

zwbMD3Hh.jpg

PD1FEuZh.jpg

nJ0vZehh.jpg

13dMJGyh.jpg

lKtGxnVh.jpg