News from the borderline…

quang

That island scene will be pretty big. And cool!

A few years ago I built a 1/48 vignette of the USS Ben Franklin. It’s easily 2’ by 2’. (Apologies for the non-LSP pics to follow)

TpGGb49.jpg

jUTePAq.jpg

But man, if Borderline did a similar 1/35th F6F and Essex combo, I’d totally buy that…

1 minute ago, quang said:

Things are bad enough with the anti-1/35 crowd. Don’t you give Border more bad ideas! :rolleyes:

But at least there’d be figures for me to make the deck crew with… (painful enough in 1/48th). Of course my wife is sick enough of large carrier deck scenes in our basement, so perhaps we’re safe…

Besides we need a good F6F in 1/35 (I mean 1/32…)

33 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

A few years ago I built a 1/48 vignette of the USS Ben Franklin. It’s easily 2’ by 2’. (Apologies for the non-LSP pics to follow)

TpGGb49.jpg

jUTePAq.jpg

But man, if Borderline did a similar 1/35th F6F and Essex combo, I’d totally buy that…

Wow, that is absolutely amazing.   Got a build log somewhere?   Maybe it's me but I think the quad-40 mount is just a totally cool weapon. 

1 hour ago, easixpedro said:

TpGGb49.jpg

jUTePAq.jpg

:speak_cool::punk::speak_cool::punk::speak_cool:

A 12 out of 10 :wub:

Really impressive!

As for a 1/35 diorama: Takoms MK.38 5/38 twin mount in 1/35 is just the variant used on carriers. :D

Regards

- dutik

So if you don't like 1/35 scale don't buy it. There are plenty of people who are not bent up over what scale a kit is in. Just as bad as the there is only 1 mans scale people and thats 1/72. I build subjects that I like not due to the scale it is I enjoy 1/35 armor but also build 1/48 scale armor and the occasional 1/100 or 1/144. I build primarily 1/32 and 1/48 aircraft but also dabble in 1/144 and 1/72 from time to time. Don't go after a company because they decided to do a kit that isn't in the scale you prefer. Something like a Kate that is well engineered is fantastic especiall as our hobby gets smaller as most of us get older and we have fewer young people joining the hobby.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Wow, that is absolutely amazing.   Got a build log somewhere?   Maybe it's me but I think the quad-40 mount is just a totally cool weapon. 

It was over at the now defunct zone-five.net Though I have the pics, they're still on Photobucket and I haven't moved them yet. Should really start a blog to host all those old builds.