Border 1/35 scale FW190-A6. Finito!!

quang

32 minutes ago, mozart said:

Interesting discussion Daniel, but how can you even consider building an exact replica of the real thing when there are so many limitations on size, materials, scale etc. I’m with you 100% about scale thicknesses, especially on such prominent features as the edges of undercarriage covers but there is only so far you can go with this for example. 
It would be an informative exercise to measure the thickness of the “blinkers” on Quang’s model to see how they match, if we know the real ones were 30mm thick.

Agreed Mozart

In fact, there a lot of limitations, because of this I said, modeling is a "pursuit". This not mean thar you achieve this.

Reshaping, working the thickness in trailing edges, rebuilding some parts is part of this process of TRYING to reproduce the real thing. When you build a model, 100% of time you try to deceive the human brain. 

I forgot to quote Mr. Peter Castle, in my opinion, he is part of 0,01% of model builders who makes a good job on deceiving our brains. Check his last posts in his Aira Cobra instrument panel.  

Edited by Daniel Iscold

6 minutes ago, Mark P said:

To Borders credit, at least the blinkers are provided separately, unlike the Revell boxing. There is a gap between portions of the canopy and the blinker that is correctly captured here.

Mark Proulx

PS..I forgot to mention I really like the weathering you applied to you supplemental fuselage armor!

Nice to hear from you Mark. Agreed about the model wrathering, that is overall quite well done. I can´t do better! 

1 hour ago, Daniel Iscold said:

But this fact is absolutely NOT a demerit to the work of the vast majority of modelers. 100% of the models posted here are great builds. They just do not represent EXACT 100% reproduction of the real thing, most of them close to 100%, including yours.

Wow! Amazing, Daniel.
Nevertheless if I have to choose between being an amazing modeller and a happy one, I’d choose the latter.
Too late to change, parceiro, tragedy of my life :P

12 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I forgot to mention I really like the weathering you applied to you supplemental fuselage armor!

I’ve read somewhere that the additional armour plates often came from Wermacht broken vehicles. So I decided to paint (and weather) them in a different way to show their origins. An exemple of ‘magnifying’ the details I wrote about in a previous post. I’m so glad you’ve noticed it.
Thanks Mark, I feel vindicated :beer4:

12 minutes ago, quang said:

Wow! Amazing, Daniel.
Nevertheless if I have to choose between being an amazing modeller and a happy one, I’d choose the latter.
Too late to change, parceiro, tragedy of my life :P

Pretty sure, all of us here can be both!!! But not 100%:D

FYI: The drawing says the armored glass + frame has a total thickness of 54mm. In 35th scale that would be a tad over 1.5mm. Hard to tell from your photos, but it might be a bit thick, but not too far off, I don't think.

42 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

FYI: The drawing says the armored glass + frame has a total thickness of 54mm. In 35th scale that would be a tad over 1.5mm. Hard to tell from your photos, but it might be a bet thick, but not too far off, I don't think.

The kit parts are 2mm thick. Looks good to me but hell, I’m not wandering with a vernier caliper in my back pocket! :P

Sooo…all the remaining cowling parts are in position, the antennae (made from stretched sprue) and the final touches added.

I hereby declare our Wurger finished and ready to join its companions in their respective storage boxes.

IMG-1157.jpg

IMG-1159.jpg

IMG-1164.jpg

IMG-1165.jpg

IMG-2885.jpg

IMG-2838.jpg

IMG-2873.jpg

IMG-2879.jpg

IMG-1162.jpg

IMG-2840.jpg

IMG-2842.jpg

IMG-2848.jpg

IMG-2851.jpg

IMG-2867.jpg

IMG-2872.jpg

IMG-2865.jpg

It was by far, one of the most pleasurable builds I did these last few months. It was also the opportunity to try and test some of the figure painting techniques into the weathering and the patina of this model. I hope you like it.

Thank you all for keeping me company on this journey.

Hasta la vista everybody:piliot:

Quang

• quang changed the title to Border 1/35 scale FW190-A6. Finito!!
1 hour ago, mozart said:

Deserves more than being stowed away in a box, your finest yet Q! 

I don’t have room for a display case, Max. My completed builds ended up in cardboard storage boxes. There was a time I gave them to my modeller friends who acted as ‘curators’. Unfortunately my friends are getting scarcer and scarcer. :(

1 hour ago, HB252 said:

Just the hand painted shield in the cowling is for you must be pride of yourself!!

All the merit goes to Masker Max who made the masks. To be frank, I found it much harder to paint the tail swastika than the shield.

Edited by quang