Yesterday was my first, but definitely not last, visit to wonderful Shuttleworth Collection of aircraft at Old Warden airfield in Cambridgeshire. I was accompanied by two friends, both volunteer helpers there so their knowledge enhanced the specialness of the day:

bghwHp.jpg

From the left, Mike Chilestone of this forum, John Shipman, whose father Ted was a Battle of Britain pilot and latterly my father’s Chief Flying Instructor in S Rhodesia….and yours truly! For me, the real highlight was this stunning beauty:

CxVlKH.jpg

A Hawker Demon. She was taken out of the hangar ready to be prepared for a flight at the funeral of her owner. I took the opportunity to take many detailed shots which will be in the “Walkaround” section before too long. Other notables:

6mltTf.jpg

Spitfire V; shortly after I took this pic the three of us were helping move her back into her hangar….that alone was a thrill!  Had to take this of course:

OnJ2KZ.jpg

So pretty! And….

LundEq.jpg

a Sea Hurricane and…..

UAcYgv.jpg

something shiny for our American friends: 

v3fmaI.jpg

I haven’t even included the many WW1 types that I photographed, may do a separate thread later. Hope you enjoy those above. 

14 hours ago, MikeC said:

Thanks for posting Max. Good to meet you in person at last, and John S too. 

Let me know when you're coming Dennis.

Will do, there's a few places left on my must see list, the last place I visited was Bletchley Park last year, which was a great day out.

Cheers

Dennis

Damn, damn and triple damn! After the Tiger Moth, I promised myself a break from biplanes. Having seen the Demon on Wednesday I was wondering this morning over a leisurely breakfast if I had a Silver Wings Demon, and of course…..there it was! It’s a beautiful looking kit and now I feel compelled to build it…..damn! :(

snFLxO.jpg

The story begins here.

Edited by mozart

23 minutes ago, europapete said:

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! LOL. It will just keep nagging in the back of your mind if you don't.

I know Pete, but the problem then is I have another Fury, a Nimrod and two Harts (one possibly to be an Audax?)…..where does it end? :wacko::huh::crying:

Edited by mozart