PCM Hurricane (late) 56 Squadron….finished!

mozart

Even closer than you think Andy! Just a few u/c bits:

d2EQFS.jpg

and then:

9Y1AKr.jpg

Nearly ready to start! The hand hold door flap was made from thin brass, an “L” shaped piece glued using epoxy inside the fuselage:

7BR09t.jpg

I’m re-masking and painting the hood because I’m not 100% happy with it, that’s today’s task plus wheel covers. More later hopefully.

Great to see it on its wheels!

Satisfying milestone attained!

Tire pressure seems a bit high, beware of a blowout!

Those stencils are absolutely the most convincing as they are, after all, applied just like the real ones! Now imagine these on any bare metal finish: no silvering or even visible decal film to be wary of!

Alain

Alain’s comment about tyre pressure is right, but I’m also concerned about the tail wheel, too tall I think so the “sit” of the plane is wrong. I’ve changed it once but think I may have to do it again. 

2 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Hi Max, I had to shorten the tail wheel on mine, I very roughly did this against a scale drawing.

Cheers

Dennis

Ah, that’s interesting Dennis….design fault then it seems. I’ve reduced mine once and pinned it, but I think tomorrow could be another one of butchery! 

Later…..the knives were out tonight! Re-done…again! Think it’s ok. :wacko:

Edited by mozart

8 hours ago, mozart said:

Ah, that’s interesting Dennis….design fault then it seems. I’ve reduced mine once and pinned it, but I think tomorrow could be another one of butchery! 

Later…..the knives were out tonight! Re-done…again! Think it’s ok. :wacko:

What…..wait a minute… and no pic … :hmmm:

13 hours ago, DugyB said:

What…..wait a minute… and no pic … :hmmm:

Patience, young grasshopper! :P

eExp43.jpg

I have also added the hand grip to the outside of the hood:

pp8mSg.jpg

The unpainted one where I’m still drilling holes comes from the new mould Revell kit, but after finishing it all I found that it is a bit too narrow for the PCM kit, so I had to revert to the PCM hood. At least I’ve saved myself a job for the Revell Hurricane. I experimented with adding the internal grips too but it didn’t really work very well, bit too much of an ask in this scale. 

Edited by mozart

8 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Looking good, Max!

Cheers Gaz, not been an easy build that’s for sure but happy with the result so far.

2 hours ago, DugyB said:

Heaps good effort going on here,  your build makes me want to build a Hurricane, I sure hope Revell comes out with a Canon B version soon….! 

Now there’s a thought Dugy! I haven’t researched the changes for a cannon-armed Hurricane but there can’t be too many. Mainly wing I guess? 

I’ll be starting my Hurribomber very soon. 

Edited by mozart