PCM Hurricane (late) 56 Squadron….finished!

mozart

Looking OK so far:

2xyOHP.jpg

I used paper masks cut on the Silhouette then put tiny bits of Blu-Tak under them to hold them in place (rather than long sausages!).  I had to do a bit of free-hand spraying to tidy up a couple of edges once the wing masks were removed, but I'm pleased this worked so well rather than having to re-mask.  You'll notice a ground crew chappie has muscled in:

MzLjrt.jpg

He's WiP, he started off as a Luftwaffe figure complete with leather jacket but he's gradually being transformed into a BoB RAF erk on a hot day in that famous summer of 1940!  Michelangelo eat your heart out! :P

30 minutes ago, Furie said:

I must have missed something, but why isn't the left side of the cockpit painted? :huh:

Work in progress mon brave, that area is green so….wings first (cos it’s easy) fuselage next and joins between wings and fuselage (can be tricky) last. It’s done now though you’ll be relieved to hear! 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:13 PM, mozart said:

he started off as a Luftwaffe figure complete with leather jacket but he's gradually being transformed into a BoB RAF erk on a hot day in that famous summer of 1940!

Oh, a turncoat :o

15 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Pictures , pictures   :rolleyes:

Oh if you insist: 

DeVljp.jpg

I0Sw9P.jpg

A small correction needed on the stbd aileron, poor masking! 

IV2Dzv.jpg

I hope to make good progress later today with the fuselage roundels etc, not sure how far I can get in one session. The undersides are as yet primed only, so that needs addressing soon. 

10 hours ago, dennismcc said:

That is really shaping up nicely, it will really come to life with the rest of the markings.

Cheers

Dennis

Fuselage roundels done Dennis, squadron codes, serial and “Euthanasia” tomorrow, well on the way then!