PCM Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario

dennismcc

I love your choice in subjects, Dennis!  I've always liked the Series 5 fighters and am eagerly waiting for Italeri's Folgore but I don't think anyone is going to do new tool Reggiane Sagittario anytime soon!  Great work on the cockpit... what's up with the chains that the Italians use for harnesses!

13 hours ago, Thunnus said:

I love your choice in subjects, Dennis!  I've always liked the Series 5 fighters and am eagerly waiting for Italeri's Folgore but I don't think anyone is going to do new tool Reggiane Sagittario anytime soon!  Great work on the cockpit... what's up with the chains that the Italians use for harnesses!

Hi John, they are very attractive looking subjects all three of them, and despite having a PCM and 21st Century C202 I am looking forward to the Italeri effort.

The chains used in the seat harness threw me off the first time I encountered them on the C205, very strange, but it must have worked for them.

Cheers

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

when I made mine I encountered some problem on the forward part of the fuselage, from the cockpit to the spinner needs to insert a little piece of plasticard, more or less 1 mm, especially on the top part. Great work and great plane.

1 hour ago, loreleone said:

Hi Dennis,

when I made mine I encountered some problem on the forward part of the fuselage, from the cockpit to the spinner needs to insert a little piece of plasticard, more or less 1 mm, especially on the top part. Great work and great plane.

Thank you, I've just finished closing the fuselage up and so far everything looks fine though there is a gap on the underside, maybe I was lucky, I know that alaninaustria had the same problem and used the ame fix.

Cheers

Dennis

Now to see if I got it right, it seems that no matter how many times you test fit as soon as you apply glue it no longer wants to fit.

Getting it all ready.

spacer.png

I once had an IP come loose while I was sanding the fuselage to wing joint on another build so I don't like to take chances now, hence the support firmly glued behind the IP.

spacer.png

The other side

spacer.png

And the tail, which I suspect will let me down and not fit.

spacer.png

And away we go, cocktail stick used to apply the CA.

spacer.png

Roket accelerator applied and sanding started.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Some white bits showing gaps.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And that's now bang up to date.

Cheers

Dennis

Just caught up with your build Dennis.  You are doing a bang up job on the always challenging to build PCM kits.  I think you have executed some very clever solutions to some of the fit issues.  This will be beautiful when you are finished with it.

Ernest

3 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Just caught up with your build Dennis.  You are doing a bang up job on the always challenging to build PCM kits.  I think you have executed some very clever solutions to some of the fit issues.  This will be beautiful when you are finished with it.

Ernest

Thank you Ernest, it's coming together nicely now, just making some adjustments to the wing/fuselage fitting and deepening some of the panel lines then it will be getting near paint time.

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

Not much progress to report but we are at the bit that could go wrong, mating the wing up with the fuselage, I've been gently sanding and filling away and think that I am just about there.

The lower part of the engine bay needed a bit of sanding to get it level with the front of the wing, I'm not too worried about the rear as the Re 2005 has full width flaps so there is a join line there anyway.

A big thank you is due to sandokan (Tiberio) for the great information that he sent to me, it is very useful and it was very kind of him to take the trouble to send it to me.

Carrying on the cockpit floor and seat assembly fitted well with a few adjustments, however it is only held really firmly at the rear bulkhead so I added another buikhead at the front just in case.

spacer.png

spacer.png

All ready for test fitting and fettling, some of the rivets on the fuselage were a bit light so I gave them a once over with the MDC riveter, I also deepened the panel lines in anticipation of the sanding losses.

spacer.png

The gun cover was fitted, this needed some sanding to get it flush as the cowling was smooth on the real thing, Mr Surfacer was the first attempt at filling the seams but I had to resort to CA to get a nice smooth finish.

spacer.png

The headrest and the bulkhead (armour ?) were then fitted, I started to sand this smooth but on the real thing there was a join so I didn't try too hard just some Mr Surfacer.

spacer.png

Then some sanding to get the fit as accurate as possible before I start gluing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next the join up.

Cheers

Dennis