Revell's Bf109G-10 as Assigned to JG301

Juggernut

I finished this just a little bit ago.  I noticed that the FuG16Zy antenna has broken off in the photos but has been replaced since.  My handling of the completed model was not as careful as I would've liked.  Not entirely sure I like the EZ Line antenna but it works.  Here's the abbreviated build thread:  Revell Bf109G-10

Anyway, onto the photos (in no particular order):

0D1FiZV.jpg

GiwKSVp.jpg

qTWlRlE.jpg

lurzfl2.jpg

nuqvgiC.jpg

sEObTzg.jpg

vilmINY.jpg

IlPGxNw.jpg

A6ET32V.jpg

DR6SlFV.jpg

Yoevozc.jpg

tjr48Fe.jpg

Xji3n1f.jpg

SjY3vu8.jpg

Edited by Juggernut

• Juggernut changed the title to Revell's Bf109G-10 as Assigned to JG301

Very cool!  I like the "clean dirty" look if that makes any sense. Lots of folks either seem to go Spanish style with heavy weathering or factory fresh with 0 washes, with seemingly no middle ground sometimes. I like visually complex schemes as well as weathering, but I think it came out a good balance between appearing not used at all, and just plain over weathered. Well done! 

7 hours ago, Christa said:

It isn't easy to create a 109 that stands out from such a well populated crowd. This one does. Great work.

Thanks for the kind words, I just wish I hadn't broken the damned antenna off before taking the photos.

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Nice work Tim  :clap2::speak_cool:

Thanks Mike, you helped immensely with the end result.

Tim, you absolutely crushed this build!  It looks realistic and beautiful at the same time.  I agree with Brian that you got the weathering just right, and that adds to the appeal of your build.  A stunner all around man!

Ernest

On 1/14/2023 at 6:26 AM, Greif8 said:

Tim, you absolutely crushed this build!  It looks realistic and beautiful at the same time.  I agree with Brian that you got the weathering just right, and that adds to the appeal of your build.  A stunner all around man!

Ernest

Thanks Ernest, I couldn't have done it without your help and guidance as well as the others who provided me with information and tips on how to get this done right.

20 hours ago, hworth18 said:

Very nice!! Congrats!

Thanks!  very much appreciated.

6 hours ago, Miloslav1956 said:

Vary nice!

Thank you.  I took inspiration from some of your builds of this kit.