F-104DJ, 36-5017, J.A.S.D.F, 207SQ Pre-Competition trainning 1983

Daniel Leduc

7 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Very excellent work on the cockpit Dan!  It looks very busy!

Ernest

Thanks, still some placards to put on the side panels but going to wait till the pit is glued in place, those are really nice but pretty  fragile compare to PE..

16 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Thanks, still some placards to put on the side panels but going to wait till the pit is glued in place, those are really nice but pretty  fragile compare to PE..

I am using Quinta decals for the first time on my new build, a Condor Legion Bf109 E-1, and competely agree that you have to handle them with some care.  They do look very good though.

Ernest

Always easier to paint them before....:coolio: evendo I'm not totaly convince with the color, had to start anyway....

5gx14IDl.jpg

X2CeWUbl.jpg

Keep in mind that my main objective for now is to finish this build in time, and in a way,

I tend to think, if I may, like Stoke Pete....''is to be marvelling at the exterior paintwork, rather than the sins lurking in the ‘pit.'' :D I like that one..

or the interior that you can,t see, I don't do :whistle:

0NlknI4l.jpg

Yeap, not even all together and that flimsy nose gear is already broke.... :doh:

but still easy to fix.

N9X0065l.jpg

vn6K2Til.jpg

Yeap, that was quick, next step is engraving, now is a good time for Chuck book on CF-104... :piliot:

XN2WBlHl.jpg

Gonna look deacent... :beer:

IbxaVCel.jpg

Thanks for watching, have fun.

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc

17 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

I tend to think, if I may, like Stoke Pete....''is to be marvelling at the exterior paintwork, rather than the sins lurking in the ‘pit.'' :D I like that one..

or the interior that you can,t see, I don't do :whistle:

Awesome! I took note of that as well. I think it should be our theme as I’m rolling along with this in mind too! Stokey you’re infamous now!:evil_laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2023 at 11:14 AM, themongoose said:

Awesome! I took note of that as well. I think it should be our theme as I’m rolling along with this in mind too! Stokey you’re infamous now!:evil_laugh:

I only just caught up with this. 
I used to get so caught up in the little things that I had almost zero chance of being able to see. It slowed my build rate down to a bare crawling pace, and I wasn’t enjoying myself. I’m a little more carefree now. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 3:34 AM, mechanic said:

Good job. And I have a question...in the photo, it looks matte. Was he really like that?

Yes, it is, a very flat finish, from what I heard it was a temporary paint for the competition and the reason why we don't see most of the stencils...

Dan.

A little update, have to be carefull not to get too excited about the Nose Art GB....:whistle:

I received some goodies, pilot, pitot and mask..

AaFPvVIl.jpg

My Fundekals set...

en6KOj0l.jpg

Sub assembly done...

58QFV0Ol.jpg

All primed.. 

1WTVIm0l.jpg

Levelling the wings...

e0EjLrIl.jpg

Yeap, that's a lot of black....

cup9udAl.jpg

Next, the fun part....:yahoo:

Dan.

• 10 months later...

Hello guys, been a while..:whistle:

My first resolution this year was to do my best not to start another kit and closing all those unfinish one(GB etc.),

and since that one was the last in line on my doom shelf, I asked Kevin to move it here.

Starting the paint job...  :punk:

9UM8oX3l.jpg

The notice I based my color scheme where kind of wrong, had to interchange the two green.....:BANGHEAD2:

OIRcNDXl.jpg

But end up nicely, first time full job with Gunze paint, I love it.

zLduuTFl.jpg

Time for cherry picking in those Fundekals sheet...

he91Z1dl.jpg

Found the right color for their upper suit

2bNSE5jl.jpg

Painting figurines is realy not my cup of tea, but since I tend to use them more often in my models, 

I better start looking at tutorials... :piliot:

Still need some tuch up left and wash but will get there. B)

g4jid4gl.jpg

A dence coat of clear was applied due to my last project..... dreaded silvering.....:blowup:

muIjopbl.jpg

Everything was fine, the weathering, the wash, till the flat coat....

WAlmVxxl.jpg

so, next step, DECALS..yeah..:thumbsup:

Thks for watching and have fun.

Dan.

Edited by Daniel Leduc