1/32 T-28C Trojan : Kittyhawk "Jolly Rogers"

32nd_Plastics

This was a kit I had anticipated building the year it came out, then other things happened and before I knew it Kittyhawk was out of business. I scrambled to eBay and picked up two kits - a model C and B/D, and got to work on the C, an aircraft model that my father made a career from back in the early 90’s.

While many of the parts are beautifully molded and fit great, others not so much. It was generally a struggle to get certain parts to fit such as the cowling and fuselage halves, at least on my example. I read of plenty of prior builds having trouble staying on the front main gear so I used both weights that came with the kit, plus nearly 2 ounces more of lead just between the engine and firewall, a grand total of a little under 4 ounces.  

I used the Eduard photo etch set for the cockpit in conjunction with the kit instrument decals, the Quickboost Prop hub and blades, and HGW seatbelts and red tags (first time using these). Also, I employed white metal landing gear from Scale Aircraft Conversions to keep things firm with all that weight up-front! Surface finish is mostly Mr. Color paints with Mr. Color gloss clear, and kit decals. Below are the photos and I hope you enjoy and share comments.

- Gabriel

IMG_1687-600x450.jpg IMG_1706-600x450.jpg IMG_1710-600x450.jpg IMG_1705-600x450.jpg IMG_1696-600x450.jpg IMG_1697-338x450.jpg IMG_1694-600x450.jpg IMG_1703-338x450.jpg IMG_1698-600x450.jpg IMG_E1713-339x450.jpg IMG_1700-600x450.jpg

GM

Edited by 32nd_Plastics

• 32nd_Plastics changed the title to 1/32 T-28C Trojan : Kittyhawk "Jolly Rogers"

Beautiful!  Ive always had a sweet spot for the T-28 since I built Glen his example. Other than the cowl, super long prop hub, and the near impossibility of trying to position the rear canopy open its a nice kit.  I love the resto birds like this that used to fly into Osh Kosh.  Well done!