Chengdu F-7 - Namibian Air Force

vince14

Picked this up at Telford for a reasonable price, so I'm going to try and get this made in time before the GB ends - so as I'm incredibly busy with work, it's going to be buttoned up and I'm not going to go overboard with detail. Will probably just replace the kit seat with an aftermarket MB one, and replace the wheels with aftermarket ones as well. I should be able to make and produce the decals as there's no available ones for Namibia...

2022-09-25-19-11-14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've not had much time to work on this, but here's an update.

2022-12-04-19-33-07.jpg

The cockpit is done, as mentioned previously this is going to be a a quick (for me!) build so I haven't bothered with adding additional detail. The CMK resin MB seat is painted up behind.

2022-12-11-19-18-59.jpg

After dry fitting, it became clear that the resin seat wouldn't fit - you can see here how much I had to remove (seat base and sides) to get it to fit.

2022-12-11-19-19-56.jpg

It'll now fit under the canopy.

2022-12-11-19-17-31.jpg

The engine is odd, as it's split into quarters rather than halves and doesn't have locating pins. This means the fit is awful - good job it'll all be hidden in the fuselage.

2022-12-11-19-24-42.jpg

A quick dry-fit of the main fuselage components.

• 1 month later...

This kit is a real dog, and as I have limted time due to work commitments I've decided to just try and get it finished in time.

2023-01-15-18-23-56.jpg

Some of the internal components are ready to go.

2023-01-15-18-24-05.jpg

I'm putting about 20g of weight into the nose - there's plenty of space for it to go.

2023-01-15-18-24-15.jpg

Getting ready to close the fuselage up.

11 hours ago, vince14 said:

...  I have limted time due to work commitments I've decided to just try and get it finished in time.

Sound like me Vince , except instead of work commitments I have keyster in the recliner time.

Looks fine so far  :popcorn: