Z-M Messerschmitt Bf109G-14

tucohoward

I will have to check that on the next one. I have two more so I can see if it's something I did wrong. Anyhow I managed to get a little closer. Pitot from stainless telescoping tubing. Cowling prop rods from brass rod. Definitely easier to do with the model upside down since you have to fiddle with the length and bend. Repositioned the right seatbelt more to my liking. I think the antenna wire is about all that's left. Actually looking forward to that after spending a couple of hours yesterday working with super fine elastic thread on a 1/72 Bf110. I can barely see that stuff even with magnification.

Jay

20230219_143934.jpg20230219_144017.jpg20230219_143901.jpg20230219_144357.jpg

Thanks, guys! I enjoyed it very much. Great kit. Will definitely build more of them. 

4 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Nice work on the ZM G-14, Jay!  It's fun looking at the background and trying to figure our what else you are working on... I spy the Tamiya F4U legs!

Good eye, John. One of many things in the works. Not sure when I will get back to it but it’s an amazing kit. I also have a Tamiya Mosquito going as well which I am kind of interested in again now that I have stencil masks from One Man Army. After seeing your amazing results with them I definitely wanted to try them out. Probably try them out first on another of these in the end haha. I kinda feel like doing another Tamiya 1/48 F-14 too. I’ve built three in the past year and a half and still have another A and D. Best kit ever, at least most fun I’ve had the pleasure of building.

Jay

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

This really deserves an RFI post  :excl::popcorn:

Thanks, Mike. I may give it a shot. My photography skills are very minimal. I would like to be better at it but I guess not enough to actually spend the time to learn to do so. It always seems way more interesting to work on a model :)

Jay

17 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Thanks, Mike. I may give it a shot. My photography skills are very minimal. I would like to be better at it but I guess not enough to actually spend the time to learn to do so. It always seems way more interesting to work on a model :)

Jay

The WIP photos look just fine. Clear away a clean spot and give it a shot ... or 2 ... or 3 ...