1/32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - TBD-1A in October 2023!

Kagemusha

41 minutes ago, Borsos said:

Indeed. They got it two or three days ago 

I got this kit and after reading about it, there was only one made for an order by a foreign country then after its only production the contract was not wanted and the US Navy bought it and used to test torpedoes and train others on there launching of torpedoes is was station at NAS Rhode Island base, I ordered Eduard sets which cost more than the kit and waiting on it, there was another Chinese company that made this model but in 1/48 scale its most likely a subsidiaries of TRUMPETER they have so many other companies under there parent company. Its cool most definitely most things that float are cool even cars when it floods in Norfolk and Virginia beach.

40 minutes ago, Brock said:

I got this kit and after reading about it, there was only one made for an order by a foreign country then after its only production the contract was not wanted and the US Navy bought it and used to test torpedoes and train others on there launching of torpedoes is was station at NAS Rhode Island base, I ordered Eduard sets which cost more than the kit and waiting on it, there was another Chinese company that made this model but in 1/48 scale its most likely a subsidiaries of TRUMPETER they have so many other companies under there parent company. Its cool most definitely most things that float are cool even cars when it floods in Norfolk and Virginia beach.

The 1//48th kit is made by Great Wall hobby. However, I think the fact this is also a Chinese company is as far as I know the only commonality they have with Trumpeter.

Yes, I have read an online build and it was said there's many fit problems but I believe there may be fit problems as all construction kits are concerned but as a modeler will adapt and overcome, that's what keeps my mind sharp! 

Thanks for your reply and may the new year be a little better than this year we are leaving, all day I'm to words that teach me!

Hey, I just wanted to give a quick plug for the new TBD Devastator In Action book (10271).  I just received it and it is an awesome reference.  There are enough photos of the interior to give a plumbing nerd like me fits.  Way to go, Dana!

On 12/31/2023 at 3:24 PM, Brock said:

Yes, I have read an online build and it was said there's many fit problems but I believe there may be fit problems as all construction kits are concerned but as a modeler will adapt and overcome, that's what keeps my mind sharp! 

Thanks for your reply and may the new year be a little better than this year we are leaving, all day I'm to words that teach me!

This is for sure not a Tamiya kit and there are some assembly issues here and there but nothing terrible. Globally, this is a well-designed and easy to build kit. Moreover, it is also quite accurate.