Trumpy EE Lightning help

Robthepom

Twas the night before Christmas and this idiot snapped his Trumpeter EE Lighting canopy

I am so upset, its been a tough finish to the year with not much bench time, its 8.44pm on Christmas Eve, and i cant believe the canopy snapped in my hand. I'm so upset. It took me ages to find the kit and now this.......

Its real long shot but does anyone have spare front canopy they would let me buy/trade anything,........ even the wife is on offer, shes good cook and doesnt mind modellers

I'll try white glue but i know it will upset me too much to put on display

Stay safe people

uqyADK2.jpg

4hiEkpr.jpg

sU2z9pS.jpg

Hi Rob, I have a slightly scratched windshield and hood which I'd be happy to give to @Ali62 if he can make clear resin copies for us, as I'd buy a couple of sets for myself, too.

Might be an opportunity to make the hood framing a little chunkier inside at the same time. 

Festive Greets. 

Tony

Edited by Tony T
typo

Help is on the way……. It may just take a little bit of time, but will do it as soon as possible.

all being well Tony will send me his canopy parts, and I will see what I can do and cast new ones in resin.

on the same subject but different, I will soon be looking at doing a resin canopy set to suite and fit the Echelon vacform kit, as requested by Rick Godden, so it will be interesting to see if I can use/ combine anything to make the set interchangeable, IF NOT, I will just make two sets.

Watch this space and my area on LSP, and my website over the next little while.

4 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Help is on the way……. It may just take a little bit of time, but will do it as soon as possible.

all being well Tony will send me his canopy parts, and I will see what I can do and cast new ones in resin.

on the same subject but different, I will soon be looking at doing a resin canopy set to suite and fit the Echelon vacform kit, as requested by Rick Godden, so it will be interesting to see if I can use/ combine anything to make the set interchangeable, IF NOT, I will just make two sets.

That would be fantastic, thanks for help

33 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

That is also great news about the Echelon canopy! My original Echelon kit had a horribly yellowed canopy. John Wilkes kindly did some vacformed replacements for me, but my track record with vac canopies isn’t great, so some resin ones, I need at least two, would be very very welcome! :clap2:

23 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Making the Echelon one with adapter piece to fit the Trumpeter would be the ideal solution Ali.

The Trumpeter canopy is a totally misconceived dimensional abortion which doesn't approach giving the kit the right look.

4 hours ago, Chek said:

Making the Echelon one with adapter piece to fit the Trumpeter would be the ideal solution Ali.

The Trumpeter canopy is a totally misconceived dimensional abortion which doesn't approach giving the kit the right look.

Ideally, but I'm content with clear resin copies of the Trumpeter parts with some details added. 

The real windshield side panels are angled down a bit towards the nose and not level as depicted in the kit, but quite a few woes may be disguised by clever painting. There are errors all over the kit, but somehow the parts all go together to make a nice Lightning. 

I have the Trumpeter canopy parts set aside and plan to post them off to Alistair on Friday 31st. 

Cheers

Tony 

Sorry to hear of your plight Rob, but it sounds like Ali and Tony will come to your rescue here. For me, it is fortunate that your windscreen fractured cleanly down the middle, as, if you are up to it, you could possibly cut a new centre screen section from flat polystyrene sheet and clean up the quarter panels and join them altogether again to form a new repaired windscreen?

Cheers

Derek

Edited by Derek B

20 hours ago, Derek B said:

Sorry to hear of your plight Rob, but it sounds like Ali and Tony will come to your rescue here. For me, it is fortunate that your windscreen fractured cleanly down the middle, as, if you are up to it, you could possibly cut a new centre screen section from flat polystyrene sheet and clean up the quarter panels and join them altogether again to for a new repaired windscreen?

Cheers

Derek

Looking forward to Ali's replacement parts which are likely to incorporate extra detail. 

Can't speak for you Derek, but my days of cutting up old old TDK or Memorex cassette boxes or CD jewel cases are ancient history.

Tony  

On 12/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, Derek B said:

Sorry to hear of your plight Rob, but it sounds like Ali and Tony will come to your rescue here. For me, it is fortunate that your windscreen fractured cleanly down the middle, as, if you are up to it, you could possibly cut a new centre screen section from flat polystyrene sheet and clean up the quarter panels and join them altogether again to for a new repaired windscreen?

Cheers

Derek

hey thanks for the suggestion Derek, I'm in no rush to finish the kit so i think I'll wait for resin parts to be ready

stay safe

On 12/28/2021 at 12:39 AM, Derek B said:

Cheers

Derek

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

Looking forward to Ali's replacement parts which are likely to incorporate extra detail. 

Can't speak for you Derek, but my days of cutting up old old TDK or Memorex cassette boxes or CD jewel cases are ancient history.

Tony  

I may be fast approaching the same point soon Tony! :)

Derek

11 hours ago, Robthepom said:

hey thanks for the suggestion Derek, I'm in no rush to finish the kit so i think I'll wait for resin parts to be ready

stay safe

Good luck Rob, I'm sure that Ali will pull you through! :)

Derek